Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 2 weeks in the game .. Got a Firefly .. now what ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

I've enjoyed FL so far but I found trading to be a bit boring ; there is no 'purpose' it seems. Enlessly racking virtual credits seems cool to some but not to me.

Should I get my hands on some supertransport that can carry 5000 instead of my 3500 ? They're slower, less agile etc.

And then what? Should I save for a Capital ship ? I guess I need to create an alt Smile

What do people do besides the obvious pirating to keep happy and engaged in the game ?
Join ALG for happy times.
(09-02-2013, 04:03 PM)FreeM4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I've enjoyed FL so far but I found trading to be a bit boring ; there is no 'purpose' it seems. Enlessly racking virtual credits seems cool to some but not to me.

Should I get my hands on some supertransport that can carry 5000 instead of my 3500 ? They're slower, less agile etc.

And then what? Should I save for a Capital ship ? I guess I need to create an alt Smile

What do people do besides the obvious pirating to keep happy and engaged in the game ?

plenty of stuff to choose from. have a look at the faction forums, both official and unofficial, and see what interests you.
RP, that is the main purpose of this server, it lets you be anything you want ( within reasonable limits of course)...so my advice is find a faction you find interesting or think of an interesting character with a unique roleplay... as they say: sky is the limit ( a bit inapropriate for a space sim but u get the point)
1. Trade even more
2. Buy Stork
3. Join IMG
4. Mine and trade
5. Buy cau8 for your stork
6. Realise that you have everything
7. Abadon server
8. ???
9. Profit!!!
Most players have a trader or a miner or something like that to help them make money. If you keep your medium sized transport you can go more places, but a bigger ship is restricted by the corporation ID that you use with it.

All this money you save up is probably going to end up being put to good use by funding a fighter or some other combat ship, where you will constantly have to buy ammo and repair supplies. You can create a fighter for not more than 20 million on average.

And there is lots to do, yeah pirating is one thing, and each pirate group has their own specific RP too. There are also military and police forces to join up with if you want to play the other side of that. There are also freelancer pilots doing work for money, and bounty hunters who get paid to kill pirates, along with other things like explorers, secretive organizations, and hostile aliens, etc.
To have anything more than 3600 you gotta be something that isn't a Freelancer.

Joining a faction is also a good way to not get pirated alone and have people to fly with. Convoys and stuff yay.

(09-02-2013, 04:09 PM)Jacen_Solo Wrote: [ -> ]1. Trade even more
2. Buy Stork
3. Join IMG

4. Get wrecked by CL}
Why not fly around the Sirius and explore new systems?
Seek adventure and see where the road takes you.So many bases and jump-holes to be found.
Firefly is perfect ship for rp freelancer ,trade on the way,meet new factions,people...
You'll probably die few times but why the hell not?
It makes trading or smuggling more fun and it will help you create and develop your character.
Most fun i had on server is when i was complete noob,flying only ship i had around Sirius.
I still remember adrenalin rush i felt every time i meet someone in space... Smile
There's always connecticut.
(09-02-2013, 04:09 PM)Jacen_Solo Wrote: [ -> ]1. Trade even more
2. Buy Stork
3. Join IC|

Corrected** Wink
Pages: 1 2 3