Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Lane Hacker Professorship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[incoming.signal]
[decrypting.signal]

To: The Lane Hacker Professors, redirected via Libertonian Republic/Comm-HUB Mactan - Cochrane proxy node
Source: Corsica Outer Sanctum
Topic: A proposal of supposedly common interest
[decoding.message]
[message.loads - opening.visual-transmission - no.video-feed.available]

Most valued Professors,

The Ghosts value knowledge and wisdom just as much as you do, as it has helped us to govern the different bodies of Malta for many prosperous years, years that everyone involved benefited from. This includes Maltese citizens just as much as you, our dear friends.
Over the years we realized that the Nacion requires a few changes to be able to deal with new dangers, such as the Gallic invasion. These changes, due to their incredible size and dangerous potential require well thought out concepts and countermeassures. That is why we Ghosts have largely returned to our home, to search for answers that solve these new issues we all encounter. We decided to let others take care of the precious Planet we call Malta in the meantime, however these others, namely the Contari Lance, decided to take it as granted that we would let them destroy evertyhing we have worked on for such a lengthy time, they decided to do changes to our laws that affect each and every citizen of Malta, just as much as you, our friends.
We did not validate their changes, but tried to largely ignore their foolish actions, as every smart man should, when stupidity arises.
We ventured this path as long as we could, but just yesterday these individuals have crossed the line, they sent a group of vessels deep within our most valued home, completely ignoring our security orders. With this they did not only endanger our people, but also huge parts of the research done on Corsica, as nobody that has not been properly instructed has the knowledge to avoid catastrophic consequences within the reach of this base.

Why are you informed about this all? I guess that is what you are asking yourself at this moment, and you shall receive your answer.

This new group has not only started to damage the centuries old stability of the Maltese Nacion, they also showed that they have no respect for us. So I ask you, why should they show any respect to our allies?

We have to solve this issue dear friends and sadly it appears as if a peaceful solution would be out of reach by now.
Considering that the changes within the Nacion might also effect you to a huge degree, we should take care of this together, as long as we still have the chance to do so.

Should you decide to aid us in this, your pilots will be given access to Bastia Outpost, while I will personally persuade the Administrator to grant all members of the Lane Hacker Professorship access to Corsica and its research facilities. This would give you access to knowledge that should help you to further improve your weapon and engine technology as well as unique testing opportunities due to the special nature of the Ghosts home system.

I hope that you are able tell us about your decision as soon as possible, I do not know what amount of damage the Lance might cause and how much it might affect you just as much as the Ghosts.

For power. For Ishmael. For the Ghosts.
Salutes.
Emilia Zito
[message.closed]
[encrypting.signal]
[signal.lost]
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 15.png]

Buenas noches senora Zito,

Thank you for your kind words. Indeed, you're right that we value wisdom and knowledge way above foolishness of decisions based on sentiments or in the heat of the moment. This is also the only reason why we have survived in the hostile environment of Liberty, always adapting but never changing. Unfortunately, this stability has not been shared by your great nation. Professor Moriarty has been conducting negotiations with Archon Lohingren Hikari Rala'state in the times when Reapers of Sirius were still representing interests of the Malteese Nation, while I have personally spoken with three predecessors of Administrator Estefania Casta, Senor Martino Perez, Senora Cristina Mancini and Senor Dennis Jameson. Cardamine must flow, and we will do whatever is necessary to ensure that transports of orange dream can freely and safely leave Omicron Alpha to whatever their destination is. However, I must emphasize, since we speak poetry now, that we are only a dagger in the shadows, not a sword in the daylight. We are no soldiers and our numbers are small. While our influence and intrigues sometimes reach outside of Liberty, our combat operations rarely do. I need to know what exactly do you expect of us?

Buenas tardes,
Nicole Hunter
...live.feed.lost...
...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

[incoming.signal]
[decrypting.signal]

Estefania Casta, Administrator
To: Hunter, N.
Libertonian Republic/Comm-HUB Mactan - Cochrane proxy node
Topic: Common Interests

[decoding.message]
[message.loads - opening.visual-transmission - reads]

Hola.
I'll get straight down to the point.
Cardamine must flow you've said, yet this is not Ghost business at all. Of course should you agree on partaking in our endeavours, we can ensure the unimpaired supply of your pilots for any given time agreed upon.
Taking up on your metaphor, you might not be the sword in the daylight - but well the alloy upfront the shield.
Ghost agenda states radical research on Cardamine derivatives along with augmented physical enhancement of mind and reflexes, weapon development and human evolution.
The expertise your technicians provide eventually have a cruicial impact. And that's what we request from you.
We request you to stop being the people you're, and begin to be the people you could be. To stop being focussed on your edge of the universe, on your part of the share within Liberty, but to opt for the opportunity Ghosts give you to leave a mark remembered for all eternity.
The Abyss awaits. Beyond is terror and annihilation, and for those brave enough the chaotic void to behold and shape.
Razgriz' Ghosts R/D-Division is moving its assets back to Corsica.

Salutes.
'Stefania Casta.

[visual-transmission.canceled - message.closed]
[encrypting.signal]
[signal.lost]

...uploading.data...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 15.png]

Dear Senora Casta,

Since the very beginning of our organization we were using Cardamine as an intellectual enhancer. All of our pilots are carrying a dose in order to augment their reflex and perception in case of combat. We have even developed a technique to induce Cardamine assisted trance for our assassins based on our vast experience from mania interrogations of many captured bounty hunters. And last but not least, one of our primary goals is to lift social and legal restrictions on the use of Cardamine in Liberty in order to allow all its citizens to benefit from its mind enhancing effects and thus start a new era of enlightenment.

Therefore, you do not need to convince me about the importance of Cardamine research. We are aware about some of the projects developed in Corsica, ranging from fertility vaccines, which were being developed in cooperation with Oracles at some point, to various forms of weaponization attempts, shared with Samarran Raiders I believe. However, the most intriguing, both scientifically and philosophically, are your hybridization attempts. The only reason why we have not yet started banging on Corsica's doors, is that we do not share your zeal in worshipping Nomads. We are pragmatic. While we see here a great technological and scientific opportunity, we still consider them as a potential threat. Individuality and independence are not values we are taking lightly, if you know what I mean. If we can work out these differences, I will be most happy to visit Corsica along with a large team of our researchers to aid your endeavours with what resources and knowledge we have... and maybe even share dreams of transcendence?

Now let me share with you some of my thoughts concerning your current struggle for power with the Contari Lance. We will openly support in combat neither side. While we would like to help you, even if you win, the Contari Lance will still control most of the Cardamine exports. Obviously, we cannot risk our main source of Cardamine to be put in jeopardy. While overtly maintaining neutrality, we might still help you to rebuild your relations with the Rogues, if it is not too late already. From what I have observed, your Kelly is not really a graduate of Royal Academy of Diplomacy. Rogues might not be the smartest people in Sirius, but still they are quite brave and proud bunch. I suggest a change of tactics when dealing with their bosses. Kind words and a sufficient bribe can open nearly every door.

Best regards,
Nicole Hunter

P.S. I have heard that senora Corino returned to Malta. If you happen to meet her, please, send her regards from professor Brutus Clay.
...live.feed.lost...

[incoming.signal]
[decrypting.signal]

Estefania Casta, Administrator
To: Hunter, N.
Libertonian Republic/Comm-HUB Mactan - Cochrane proxy node
Topic: Transcendence

[decoding.message]
[message.loads - opening.visual-transmission - reads]

Our, as you've outlined it, zeal for the ones keeping the void should not concern you with the proposed cooperation on Corsica. Ghosts of course intend to utilize all available sources to fill the links we've yet to discover the entire content of, but you're assured that research is strictly parted into seperate aspects, each following its path in its respective way, yet all determined forward on an equal outcome.
The individuality you value is a trait, you might call it virtue of nature, that Ghosts proclaimed to overcome for certain soldiers along with the Echelon-Project, but nothing involved into this shall effect you negatively.
Your contribution is at later point to advect into other ventures.

Proposition to assist in rebuilding state of Ghost diplomacy is noted, so far we're to handle this on our own. Is one of yours called as mediator by other participants in this conflict, you're welcome to fill that position.

For your Cardamine supply... the time you'll spend on Corsica, your provision is ensured. For the time after, you'll have to address the Contari Lance.
Ghost involvement reaches out for enhancing mankind, not the casual economy.

And you better rethink the ideas you got about Kelly. N-Zero-Eighty-Seven is the future.
From a scientific standpoint, you'd not want to keep her one minute unattended and without intensive studies on the implants she's equipped with.
Found in cryostasis at Zeta-Five-sealed laboratories on Galicias lowest decks. Sporting a virtual-intelligence-device that we've yet to disclose to its full capacity, which she's able to turn off even.
Kelly is the prototype for linked minds and shared-memory connections already on development-status Two now since her reawakening.

Ghosts await your arrival at Corsica within an adequate timeframe should you want to involve yourself.

Salutes.
'Stefania Casta.

[visual-transmission.canceled - message.closed]
[encrypting.signal]
[signal.lost]

...uploading.data...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 15.png]

Dear Senora Casta,

The ship with our team of technicians and scientists is ready to depart from Leiden to Corsica, however, as you indicated in the private communication we will postpone the departure until you are ready to accommodate our expedition.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter
...live.feed.lost...