Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings Community!

I've been playing for awhile and decided to sign up on the forums. I have some characters on the server already that are fairly far ahead (Not by much though...).

You will mainly see me flying my Ryuujin around trading commodities (Name is SS.Fireside) as I am fairly brokish and keep spending cash on exchanging my transport (This is my third one, I have a problem...).
Welcome! You'll slowly but surely lose your mind in this crazy place called Disco. Dance by the rhythm of the community's rules. Use common sense. Have fun.

Oh, and one more thing. Don't let the trolls and other chthonic creatures that dwell these boards scare you away. Behind the mask of disgruntled veterans there lies a kind and helpful person. Most of the time.
Seen you around. If you ever tankman my LABC I will shoot you.

Disco is all about getting a big ship with the best gear and armor and shooing people

mine/ trade ore.

Write/read stuff, I guess.

as I have been warned by people, having an SS tag could lead to some mistaking you for trying to be the nazi shustafflewaffle, so maybe rethink that name when you are willing to spend the money for rename

use the wiki to find places and earn money, but don't use it too much, it's not 150% accurate
(09-05-2013, 06:45 PM)lIceColon Wrote: [ -> ]Seen you around. If you ever tankman my LABC I will shoot you.
Please explain, I'm not great with abbreviations.

(09-05-2013, 06:45 PM)lIceColon Wrote: [ -> ]...having an SS tag could lead to some mistaking you for trying to be the nazi shustafflewaffle...
I was thinking of SS meaning Spaceship. Exactly who is associating it with being a nazi, seems like a strange place to go >_>.
Greetings to you,

Upgrading transports is a good idea even if you are broke for now, it will pay off in the end. If you are looking to make credits try to join a trade faction or a mining faction, though being an independent also has some perks. The wiki is a good tool but also asking other players can be beneficial. Remember, if you are trading a lot that RPing with the pirates can some of the best RP you will encounter but can also be some of the worst. Don't let it get to you and see you around.
what is a LABC? It stands for "Liberty Assault Battlecruiser". That threat I made was more of a joke though, although if some situation actually leads to that it would be a pretty awesome roleplay.

anyway in the future if you encounter an abbreviation or phrase you don't understand and no one is around to answer, visit http://discoverygc.com/wiki and input it in the searchbox- the wiki is a great resource for getting acquainted with the game

(09-05-2013, 06:53 PM)Tankman Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking of SS meaning Spaceship. Exactly who is associating it with being a nazi, seems like a strange place to go >_>.
that's what I thought I first as well, I thought SS meant steamship, but apparently SS could also mean this.

but don't sweat it it's not too big of a deal.