Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Helloe!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my "name" is Sando. I am not new to roleplaying, but new to Freelancer Roleplay. I have previously RP'd on World of Warcraft Private Roleplay Servers, where most of the RP is text-based and gear is only for cosmetic purposes.

Based on my avatar, you might notice I am quite a Halo fan (even trough it has gone in a way that I dislike). I've played Freelancer for most of it's campaign and recently it got be quite bored. I found about this amazing mod, then tried it for a bit in SP(An hour or a few minutes more) and then decided to jump into multiplayer, with which I have been having problems connecting to.
(09-05-2013, 07:29 PM)Sando Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, my "name" is Sando. I am not new to roleplaying, but new to Freelancer Roleplay. I have previously RP'd on World of Warcraft Private Roleplay Servers, where most of the RP is text-based and gear is only for cosmetic purposes.

Based on my avatar, you might notice I am quite a Halo fan (even trough it has gone in a way that I dislike). I've played Freelancer for most of it's campaign and recently it got be quite bored. I found about this amazing mod, then tried it for a bit in SP(An hour or a few minutes more) and then decided to jump into multiplayer, with which I have been having problems connecting to.

Well, First of all, a Warm welcome to you.

Now, You are having troubles, connecting to the server ?

What problem are you facing ?
Hey discovery is cool, but Id really advise finishing singleplayer too. Aswel as being fun it gives you good background knowledge of sirius. You will need a second instalation of FL though, as you cant play the campaign with discovery 4.86 installed. However if you want a challenge you can try the story mode with 4.84 installed, it has loads of add ons.

As for connecting, make sure you have the latest 4.86 download, and it may be a problem with your firewall, you may have to turn off your anti virus software, especially if its avast, to connect. Read the rules, and have fun, this is very different from WoW.