Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Renzu Liner: More Cargo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ok so I have recently been into the whole Passenger thing, we have all had that moment when we saw the prices and thought " Hey that might make a pretty penny" well while doing so I figured "I’ll get a Renzu it has the most cargo it is the Largest Liner". I check the wiki and to my surprise The Luxury Liner actually has more cargo space then the Renzu.

My proposition is the Renzu liner should have a slight increase in cargo hold to accommodate for its increased size and armaments and the fact that for its price its cargo hold is rather unimpressive one could simply buy a Luxury liner.

Increasing the cargo to say 4.8 k? Could make it worth using. Dare I say 5k? Some people I talked to in conn thought it was a good Idea for 5k but I don’t think many people would agree.

So yeah Vote and Discuss

EDIT: To clarify I have no power ( and am aware of it) to get any changes done and im aware its probly way to late for .87 just figured I would see what peoples opinions were.

EDIT 2: Id Like to clarify I didnt mean this in a " We need more ships to powetrade in" sort of way more so in "It would make more sense if..." but in any light its interesting to see peoples opinions and these are not mine either these were just thoughts.
Moar cargo!!
Let it be 5k! Or drop the price!
It's a liner, not a cargo ship. It's setup to have freakin' swimming pools in it, not 5,000 jail cells. Cmon, 12 turrets, great armor, this thing is already OP. Leave it be. It has plenty of space, and it's not meant for power trading.

~edit~
The price is for the luxury of it. The price is an RP asset. Consider this liner as the nicest liner in all of Sirius. It's gonna cost a lot.
Like I said ingame, there's already a thread about it.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=102744

Renzu is not meant to be a powertrader ship, it is a liner, it is expensive because it is high class, not because it has lots of cargo space. That space is taken up by passenger accomodations and armaments. You say it should have more space to COMPENSATE for having more armaments?! It has less space BECAUSE it has more armaments! It has more guns, regens, and hull than the luxury liner, and you want to give it more space too? No, what it needs is a plugin to make passengers take up less space on a liner, than a normal transport, or give more profit.

Also in the interest of fairness you poll should have an option to vote for reducing its cargo, its biased atm.
4k is more then enough for a liner meant for carrying rich people in a luxurious beautiful ship Smile

EDIT: The price is what should be the real question. It costs almost like a Battleship on forums. Id say price it at 280-300mill and not 403 which is why these ships aren't seen in game flying around
I agree.. even the Gallic liner only costs in the 200 mil range. The price should be reduced and the passengers should be reduced to 1 unit of cargo each for better runs... or even the VIPs should be reduced in size as well.
I think ship is fine and doesn't need any changes.
If you want to go and powertrade safely with maximum profit, liner shouldn't be your choice.
Currently I see only 3 options to use liner:
a) RP and really carry human cargo.
b) For those with CD-obvious cargopiracy.
c) Bigger ones-Shukesha and Enterprise-some kind of scouts with cloak.
(09-06-2013, 04:28 AM)glassofwater Wrote: [ -> ]Cmon, 12 turrets, great armor, this thing is already OP.

And then you realize its turrets can't reach much further than the length of its body BECAUSE IT'S AS BIG AS AN OSIRIS/DREAD

Also bret liner has more hull.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9