Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: incompatible technology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi everyone

throughout my mp game play as freelancer yil or lns whenever i undock from anywhere i have been stuck with this notice on the screen " Incompatible technology detected, reducing power ptant output to 90 % to compansate ." what does it really mean ? how do i get rid of it ? I know that somewhere on my ship i have something that is not compatible with the ship. How do i find it ?

Would somebody help me please?
Thank you for your time and prompt replies.

yil:Smile)
it means your load out is not compadable with your id

thanks ebez2010
Every ID gets their own technology "that they are supposed to use". Most usually have other options that work almost as well, and then a lot of stuff that doesn't work at all because it doesn't make sense for them to use it.

There is a game mechanic that reduces the powercore regeneration (not the powercore size) of a ship using semi- or non-compatible technology.
Check out the tech chart for what is causing the nerf. If you struggle, let us know what ID, ship and guns you have on it to check.
(09-07-2013, 02:23 AM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]Every ID gets their own technology "that they are supposed to use". Most usually have other options that work almost as well, and then a lot of stuff that doesn't work at all because it doesn't make sense for them to use it.

There is a game mechanic that reduces the powercore regeneration (not the powercore size) of a ship using semi- or non-compatible technology.
Check out the tech chart for what is causing the nerf. If you struggle, let us know what ID, ship and guns you have on it to check.

Hi Summer,
My ID is Liberty Police Inc. I am using the "Mastodon"Liberty Transport, it has 1 Turret (Transport Turret Type 3 (class 4)) also, Armour Upgrade MK II,Civilian Transport Shield (Class 7)and Thrusters.
By the way every time i try to fire the turret i don't see it firing?? Do you know why? maybe because it's in th rear of the ship?
I shall be gratefull if you can help me.
Thank you for your time and prompt reply.

(09-09-2013, 03:40 AM)yil Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2013, 02:23 AM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]Every ID gets their own technology "that they are supposed to use". Most usually have other options that work almost as well, and then a lot of stuff that doesn't work at all because it doesn't make sense for them to use it.

Hi Summer,
My ID is Liberty Police Inc. I am using the "Mastodon"Liberty Transport, it has 1 Turret (Transport Turret Type 3 (class 4)) also, Armour Upgrade MK II,Civilian Transport Shield (Class 7)and Thrusters.
By the way every time i try to fire the turret i don't see it firing?? Do you know why? maybe because it's in th rear of the ship?

Try this one in the attachments.
If you set up the "Fire forward" button, all of your activated weapons fire, doesn't matter where they are, or which direction they facing.
If you check that tech chart summer linked, you'll see house police have 90% towards house civillian: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=96889 Thats why your transport is nerfed, get a corporate ID, cos you'll probly be arrested if you enter a foreign house with a police ID anyway.
(09-09-2013, 03:58 AM)~}P{~ Legendary Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2013, 03:40 AM)yil Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Summer,

Try this one in the attachments.
If you set up the "Fire forward" button, all of your activated weapons fire, doesn't matter where they are, or which direction they facing.

Hi Summer,
I do'n know where the " Fire forward " button is, could you help me?

That was legendary who wrote that, and you have to go into options, and change the controls yourself like it shows in that picture.
(09-09-2013, 08:12 AM)Hone Wrote: [ -> ]That was legendary who wrote that, and you have to go into options, and change the controls yourself like it shows in that picture.

Hi Hone ,

thank oyu for your time and prompt reply.

i have gone into the OPTIONS area and checked to see if "fire forward" was checked and it was, but i saw no effect on the ships i fired upon so i don't know whether it works or not? anyhow thank you for helping me.

What is AUTOCHEAT ??? Would somebody please inform me??
Pages: 1 2