Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer on Widescreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read the Manual, how to change it to 1680x1050. I use a 1920x1200 solution and changed it in the inis.
It works - thank u, Shigeo Kitamura - very good, but now i have a different view:
In cockpit view all is normal sized, like i know it from the 1600x1200 solution the game gives. But if i use normal sight, from behind the ship, things are bigger (~30-50%) than in cockpit view. I tried to change some numbers in the camera.ini, but i cant change this effect. Same oversizing while turret view.

Anyone can explain me the context of:
-[WinCamera] - means that: View from behind the thip?
-[CockpitCamera] - means that: View from inside the ship?
-[ChaseCamera] - no idea, what it means
-[Deathamera] - ??

Can someone help me?

Greetings
Would you please post a screenshoot of the game in that resolution, i'd really like to see it. Thank you.
In-ship-view

Half sized picture, 960x600 insead of 1920x1200
normal view

turret view
This is the complete tutorial I used to convert mine:

Freelancer in Widescreen - Tekagi's Treasure Forums

It worked like a charm. The only issue with it is that the first time you start the game, the menu is drawn off the screen, but as soon as you launch it gets corrected. Apart from that I didn't notice any other issue.
thanks gronath, i did that and have the effects. i changed all like the manual u showed me, i found it on this forum, too, but i have the sizing prob now, that is showing by my screenshots.

I use a 26" by a 1920x1200 physikal solution

It is ok, but the in ship view is the only realistic view now

)-:
I think the cockpit view is set up behind the ship, making it invisible for the one flying.
Objects ingame aren't bigger, your view is just 'zoomed out' (imagine using a wide angle lens on a camera, same effect, as it seems).
no, if i use the 1600x1200 solution, then screen is stretched, but normal sized, after turning the files like descripted, all shown objekts are bigger
Sorry, RedCancer. I had just skimmed through the text and didn't realize your problem was more complex. It's just that there is a manual not so complete out there that and people that have used it as a basis got some problems. Anyway...

' Wrote:...
In cockpit view all is normal sized, like i know it from the 1600x1200 solution the game gives. But if i use normal sight, from behind the ship, things are bigger (~30-50%) than in cockpit view. I tried to change some numbers in the camera.ini, but i cant change this effect. Same oversizing while turret view.

Anyone can explain me the context of:
-[WinCamera] - means that: View from behind the thip?
-[CockpitCamera] - means that: View from inside the ship?
-[ChaseCamera] - no idea, what it means
-[Deathamera] - ??
Perhaps you should take a closer look on the differences between "CockpitCamera" and "ChaseCamera". ChaseCamera is the one behind the ship (or normal view as you've said). I'm guessing "WinCamera" is the one the game uses for windowed mode. I've never really paid attention to any changes in the camera when your ship is destroyed, but "DeathCamera" must be it.
update:

i re-installed freelancer and does a screenshot from 1600x1200, and THAT size was in the middle of both screenshot-sizes i posted, so factor isnt so high, it seems, i have to and can live with it.
Pages: 1 2