Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Aoi Iseijin Recruitment Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Disclaimer: The Wild ID is a very powerful ID. It has near limitless tech restrictions, as well as a huge ZoI. This allows for tons of roleplay and gameplay opportunities. However, it is also open to abuse and misuse. As a faction, we have an agreement with both the Staff and the community where our members will aim to deliver the highest standards of roleplay and pvp in our interactions. As a result, we have a careful recruitment policy where we review potential applicants, so that we know they can be trusted with this ID and roleplay. We are not elitists and will gladly look at all applications, but just know beforehand this is not like applying to any other faction. At the end of the day however, we do believe that everyone should be allowed to take part in the Wild experience.

[Image: 264px-IseijinFactionLogo.png]

Aoi Iseijin runs its recruitment differently than other factions. As we are a roleplay heavy faction, we want to see commitment to roleplay. We also want to players to create a personal connection with their characters, rather than their characters just being mindless human drones that are an extension of the Nomad invasion. One thing to note - we're still a Nomad faction at the end of the day and combat is a major part of our ingame interactions. You will get shot, and you will get shot a lot. People will often ignore any roleplay you try to do and treat you as a Nomad, always be ready for combat while flying ingame. That doesn't mean PvP skill is a factor for recruiting, we accept everyone and are even teaching people how to become better.
  • Post in this thread, following the provided template.
  • Using a well-developed character with extensive forum background - even though not mandatory - is highly encouraged.
  • Be active, show us you're willing to fly inside the core Iseijin zone of influence, roleplay as well as you can, not only with Iseijin but with any player within the region, and after enough time you will be contacted and officially invited to the faction if you get favorable votes on your application.

Use the following template to post your application:
Code:
[quote][align=justify][font=Times New Roman][color=white][indent][font=Times New Roman][size=12]» [color=#800080]Name of the character(s)[/color]:[/size][/font][/indent]

*Full name of the character, as well as the exact ingame ship callsign.*

[indent][font=Times New Roman][size=12]» [color=#800080]What makes you interested in the Aoi Iseijin and why[/color]?[/size][/font][/indent]

*A brief explanation of what makes this faction one worth joining, in your view.*

[indent][font=Times New Roman][size=12]» [color=#800080]What are you planing to do with your character once your application is approved[/color]?[/size][/font][/indent]

*A rough description of how you are planing to progress the character's post-infestation story.*

[indent][font=Times New Roman][size=12]» [color=#800080]How long has this character existed ingame[/color]?[/size][/font][/indent]

*A rough answer is fine.*

[indent][font=Times New Roman][size=12]» [color=#800080]Link any appropriate forum roleplay or logs.[/color]:[/size][/font][/indent]

*The more the merrier, but quality comes over quantity.*

[indent][font=Times New Roman][size=12]» [color=#800080]Your Discord username for future reference[/color]:[/size][/font][/indent]

*Include your Discord username here.*
[/color][/font][/align][/quote]
Scroll down to make sure you get the complete template, then remove the lines marked with asterisks and replace them with your answers.

Once we have approved your application, this account will approve the post in this thread and you will be added to our Skype chats.

We look forward to meeting you. One mind. One goal. One purpose.
Just a little addendum to clarify a thing I've been pointed out over PM. The characters can be from everywhere across Sirius, what matters is their purpose on flying across Kusari, Taus, Sigmas and upper Omicrons. All in all, don't worry, you don't have to RP a Kusari neo-samurai or drug-addicted female character if you don't want.
Quote:
» Name of the character(s):

Thomas "Pygmy" Greenfield

Ingame, XA-Pygmy and variations.

» What makes you interested in the Aoi Iseijin and why?

Well, I've tried to get into nomad RP somewhere around 2 or 3 times. Did the morph phase for a month or so each time. Nomspeak is what threw me off mainly, I'm capable of doing it but it's simply not fun to do. Aliens are of course fun to RP regardless, it just really wasn't for me.

Wilde interested me a bit but I'd heard from most people that it's an elitist faction more based on if they like you rather than RP prowess. So I basically let it go, forgetting about. Iseijin I saw start up but offput me originally for two reasons: One, I wasn't sure how good it would be. Two, the main character I wanted to do it with just clashed so much with the traditional Asian basis on most of it.

For some reason I've recently just hit sort of an RP stride in the game. Probably the first time I'm actually thinking in that fashion, surprising me to be quite honest. I finally just decided to toss aside my preconceptions on what was "acceptable" or not and put myself out there.

» What are you planing to do with your character once your application is approved?

Well, what does anyone plan to do? Progress your characters story. I'm going to do the same, my story is still ongoing. I plan on continuing it for a long time. It's not really a question as to whether or not my application gets approved I'll still keep developing my character. If I have to go for an SRP, that's still an option which is really fortunate. I decided to go for really bold moves with my characters. I mean, I'm turning my character that leads XA- into a nomnom slave for all intensive purposes. Wouldn't have done that before.

For specifics as to what I'm going to do.. I have no clue. Constantly I'm getting new ideas, changing plans, etc. I might even decide to just tragically kill Pygmy off in a freak nuclear explosion from a bomb-making priest. Who knows.

» How long has this character existed ingame?

Around 14 months or so.

» Link any appropriate forum roleplay for your character(s):

Ongoing story located here. Pygmy is basically going to become Wilde, it has yet to be fleshed out completely as I've been waiting on Hasteric to kidnap me and take me to his nomad tickle-house or something like that :S

» Your Skype username for future reference:

"Disgruntled Narwhal - TWERK TEAM WE R RECRUITING" account name: thatthirdguy..
Quote:

Rin Hayashi - Rin.Hayashi (callsign)

Well, as its known, Nomads and the related parties are quite interesting. The Aoi Iseijin is not really a exception to this. I have watched the lore for quite a while now, and I have taken a liking of the Aoi Iseijin for quite a while. I have been part of the Slomon K'Hara for quite some time, and have had some good fun with the actual Nomad part of this, but the thought of actually using a 'Human' for the same purpose was something that I have enjoyed. I have done such with a single character (Not this one) with something relating to this, and I have had some fun with it.

The Aoi Iseijin is another opportunity for such, having a player in the situation. The character I have signed up for this is slowly starting to lose purpose already, seeing how the characters I role-played with frequently have left Discovery, her purpose is turning down to a minimum. A change to that would be a wonderful way to 'kill two birds with one stone'.

» What are you planing to do with your character once your application is approved?

Well, I do not plan to let everything go on the 'stereotypical' system of how people turn after being infected, Ie. doing what the Nomads want, and absolutley nothing else. The story will continue, I intend to keep building on her. Currently, she doesn't really have a place to go, as I said, the characters who I had contact left Freelancer, one of these having been the one giving her shelter. I have already worked out details of leaving, leaving the next part of her story completely open.

When infected, the story will be altered slightly, as an incubi in the head, is, well, an incubi in the head. Some decisions will be altered slightly, moreover the presence in the Kusarian spaces, a hidden agenda would be out of the question, as it would not fit anymore, but the gain of influence (which is possible due to past RP) would be a start off for this.

Creation as it goes. It depends on the situations, as it does for any character.

» How long has this character existed in game?

I'd say about.. Five months? Six?

Oh dear.. Links? I have never been one to putting RP on the forums, that is a more.. recent thing. Something I have not done too much with Rin. The only link with relevance would be.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=96799

Moveit56

Post Note: Extensive Forum Rp is 'recommended' according to the post, that is something I lack. I have never been one for Forum RP, I've kept everything either Ingame, or on Skype. That is a 'newer' thing I have been doing. 'Rin Hayashi' is not a new character. Thus this is lacking. Hopefully it won't prove too much of a problem.
Quote:

Miyuki Ikeda (The Kitsune) - [IND]The.Kitsune

The infectees feature a unique blend of human and alien mind. There is something alluring in that for me. One of the reasons might be that it's something that allows player a kind of roleplay freedom, that other factions (both NPC and player ones) don't. I have been playing on this server for about 5 years which in other words means that I have tried the most of it has to offer. As much as one attempts to be creative and tries to avoid all the clichés, vanilla faction roleplay only allows a certain degree of character growth and options. They soon start to feel rather stereotype. Plus I am always curious to try something new.

Another reason is that Kusari is all-time my favourite house. It always felt the most unique one with the largest field of possibilities. It, however, as a result of poor (or outright bad) lore choices became a more or less desolate place. The fact is that Aoi Iseijin can spark some more than needed player activity there. Which I would like to be part of.

It's obvious that infestation of one's character is a huge change in it's RP. However since my character is a member of Independent Neuralnet Division, lore-wise, influential Sirius-wide company, it can offer a somewhat Jekyll-and-Hyde kind of RP. Eccentric millionaire on one side, agent of Aoi Iseijin on the other. Kitsune is always in search of something that would be able to give her more power. She might feel that nomad incubi is something that could help her achieve that. She, in her pride, thinks it's something she can control to her needs while it is, in fact, quite the opposite. She would retain her public face to strengthen the Iseijin influence and keep herself out of unwanted attention but she would serve the Mindshare's needs.

This kind of RP is s both great promise and challenge. I cannot predict where exactly will it lead me, but I believe it will offer quite some intriguing RP. Which is why I am still on this server after all the time.

About one and a half year including hiatuses I have to take from time to time.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=73194 - just a simple summary of Kitsune's origins

Pilgrim - Pilgrim666
Quote:

Full Name: Yuri Tanaka
Callsign: Silence_Fallen (Willing to change to Yuri.Tanaka)

Nomad Lore is extensive, their technology brilliant and their techniques are exclusive. But they're full aliens. To RP a non-human being when we're all humans at birth is hard and can be easily broken. I think that a Nomad RP is brilliant, but still needs to be human (of course it also has to have the lore and overall wow factor). The idea of an infectee a skipping stone away from some great RP factions such as Watanabe Kazoku and the Outcasts, there is always something to do. I think the Aoi Iseijin take the unique from the Nomads, the RP from a strategic location and the simplicity from the humans.

I also want to help revive Kusari in anyway possible. I'm currently apart of the Watanabe Kazoku and we have plans on reviving Kusari, but I feel even more urged to take part by joining an official Kusari faction with some decent backstory.

I plan on investigating the Blood Dragons for Kazou, an undercover agent that has left Yuri on a cliffhanger. I also plan on *trying* to 'convert' humans through Forum/Ingame RP. And of course I plan on reviving Kusari.

Silence_Fallen is a totally new character, which will probably rollback after Beta.

I currently only have the Character Background, didn't think that it would be appropriate to write under a faction name I'm not a part of:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1416418

New_World_User
Quote:

*Name: Andreas Meinhof. Callsign: Steinkauze*

*So I can PEW-PEW anything I want!!! MUA-HA-HA!! No, seriously. My PVP skills are way bellow average so actually it’s not a reason.
A role of human nomad hybrid, all the situation “At Home among Strangers” seems interesting to me, also I’ve no a clear view on an outcome, but a lone fugitive joining a society with mindlink is a story worse of thinking about. Also I was going to make a Nomad Trial char some time ago, but I’d run into lolcaps at least twice a day that week, so I’ve decided to take a little vacation to spare my nervous system.*

I’m going to photoshop violet eyes to all images of my character. It’s quite obvious.
I’d like to keep my vessel, so I’m going to request SRP for that. I have a thought about a small intensification of Isejin-Wilde relations. I’ll be in need for Rheinland-made spare parts, so some H-Fuel transport hi-jacks for exchange, while being in correspondence with the Wilde. Also, whatever faction leadership is up to, I’ve no problems with my char following orders inRP.

*About a month *

*Bio for this character
If you want an example of my RP ability, you can take a look here or my alt there *

*Have none on the score of my service contract. It is lamentably indeed.*
Quote:

Name: Stefan Mortensen
Callsign: Stefan.Mortensen

Would it make me look too cliche if I said that Wild RP is interesting? It's my 3rd year here, and I still haven't experienced how it feels like being a part of a Wild faction. I used to be in Keepers, later K'Hara, and even though I like aliens, I like mix of aliens and humans even more. Limitless possibilities to develop your character, and its personality is mainly what makes Aoi interesting to me. Another thing is, for all my time here, I haven't spent it much in Kusari. I usually prefer to stay away from houses, and play non-house related characters, but my character's storyline has brought me to Kusari, and it seems like an interesting House.

Mortensen is already infected, so to say. The problem is that without getting SRP or into Wild, possibilities to role-play and develop my character are really limiting me. I don't really plan anything in particular, I'm just gonna continue developing my character as I did when I started it. Nothing planned, in-game and forum interactions will decide its fate.

Around 2 and a half years.

You can find almost everything in this thread:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=77304

stefan_nikolic96
Quote:

Fuel Lady

\W/~Fuel.Lady + variations

Well... RP of the infected human. I love special groups and RP... Nomads, Wilde and Iseijin groups aren't exception. I liked all encounters with Iseijin because of their unique RP and mindraping. I could try it as K'Hara, but playing Nomad is... Well not my style. I prefer infected human because I can RP more than a simple Nomad in many ways. Like a spy or normal human using normal language.

Taruko would stay in her factions as spy - GMG and GC... Well another plan is using GMG - BD, GMG - GC, GMG - Order relations for Iseijin prosperity and tactics. Another plans would be changed by RP and encounters in-game.

+- One year

Bio
Transmission to Mortensen
Guild's Private Archives

Freelancer-42
Quote:

Ryan Daniel Winter, callsign Ryan.Winter

I've tried a variety of RP in all corners of sector, once was going to joing K'Hara and became an official morph, but understood that Nomads themselves are hard enough to be RPed. So, I've concluded that I may try to be a Wild. It's interesting enough, exotic for some people.

Also, Wild's RP gives some... well... space for a free imagination. And the size of the space depends on the interpretation of information.

If so, there will be a complete story of my character. Also, he will keep on his attempts to contact someone that will answer him what happened to Shades.

Existed for at least 7 or 8 months under different names, then was probably deleted or renamed, honestly I don't remember, and now it's time to revive him.

I'm not a fan of forum RP, I love RP ingame, perhaps because I'm a bit lazy, but... there's a long forgotten story that I've used to post two or three months ago. Finally, it's here.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=119573

redemption.denied
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11