Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Feedback for Caius Oakley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, it being about time I wrote summat http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=20078&hl=

Hope it stands up well on it's merits.
Neravarine: Morrowind?
Great Houses: Sirius Houses or House Hlaalu, Redoran and Telvanni?
Caius... As in... Your first contact in the main quest?

Anywho, other than the serious Elder Scrollsy undertones to it, I must be perfectly honest that posts 2 and 3 are a wee bit confusing.

-Erased 'cause of Zapp... Guess I'm just crazy-

So, all in all, it was okay despite a bit of confusion. Just clarify your points more, add bunches of detail to keep us nit-pickers busy.

Luck with future-ness!

-Magoo!
I really liked it, though I'm not a huge fan of BH destroyers blowing up pirates for charity... Don't worry, I understood posts 2 & 3;)

1 up
Yep, also liked it

Question - is Coin a trader or a Bounty hunter? or both:)

And is that your in game name?
' Wrote:Neravarine: Morrowind?
Great Houses: Sirius Houses or House Hlaalu, Redoran and Telvanni?
Caius... As in... Your first contact in the main quest?

Anywho, other than the serious Elder Scrollsy undertones to it, I must be perfectly honest that posts 2 and 3 are a wee bit confusing.

-Erased 'cause of Zapp... Guess I'm just crazy-

So, all in all, it was okay despite a bit of confusion. Just clarify your points more, add bunches of detail to keep us nit-pickers busy.

Luck with future-ness!

-Magoo!

nevarine/neravarine i'm not sure of the spelling, i just liked the prophesy bit at the beginning... but the parallel between the feuding of the morrowind houses and the sirius houses does give me an idea...
The 'elder scrollsy' undertones were only meant as an 'in-joke', but i can appreciate how that might have led you off on the wrong track.

Is Caius the name of the first contact in sp? It has been a LONG time since i played sp, like 5 years ago. Caius means 'of earth' in greek, which is why i chose it
how are 2 and 3 confusing? She's dead. pirates did it. ok pirates and a captains ego did it. ergo, i dont like pirates.
more details will come as i <strike>invent</strike> relate more of the story. this was only meant to be the level of detail that you'd get in a conversation with a stranger in a bar.
Great Story's, keep posting the ongoing adventures... Post almost weekly, or at least when something fuzzy or funny happens.
' Wrote:Yep, also liked it

Question - is Coin a trader or a Bounty hunter? or both:)
And is that your in game name?

Coin is an acronym Colin Oakley's Independent Numeration

Caius Oakley is the name of the character, but ships have their own names. (about 3 months ago I DID have a Char called Coin, but it got wiped as i couldnt connect for two months - i lost ?500M :angry:)

Caius is a trader, but sometimes he pulls on his sheriff's badge and leads a vigilante mob against the worst scum of the universe

To my mind the bounty hunters have a questionable morality. I could put a bounty on anyone's head, and they'd accept it. By hunting pirates, and ONLY pirates, free of charge, it means that i cannot be accused of accepting a bounty, and by extension, eliminating a trader who has made an enemy.

the destroyer is a freelancer, which I chose as it is more lawful ID-tag than a mercenary, and i'm trying to find an RP for more lawful than a bounty hunter, without joining an extant military/police clan, as this gives me a freer hand in adjusting my rep to enter, say Leeds, without getting CD'd time and again by Molly GB's.
Quote: how are 2 and 3 confusing? She's dead. pirates did it. ok pirates and a captains ego did it. ergo, i dont like pirates.

(Post 2)
Well. At first you're saying that the captain was showing off.

Okay, sounds alright so far. Then you go, "How the F is this guy a captain?" Followed by, "Oh how I dislike the NB-NT run" to finally end with, "Omgsiteofmurder?" It seems more like an inane train of thought than much else. But once I keep reading and realise, "Oh... I guess she died," the next paragraphs make sense.

(Post 3)
Pecking order here being as follows:
"I love my submarine its long and hard and... Oh wait... Firefly, its small and fast and full of cargo and doesn't get tied up in lanes." Followed by,

"In retrospect, I suppose it wasn't so bad growing up in space with all meh navigatory skillz I have now. I trade and float about and..."

"PWN NUBS IN MEH DESTROYER I saved up for!" and I'm like, "What? How'd he manage to get a destroyer...?" If I were in a bar having a nice chat with you, I'd definitely want to know how.

Well... Aaaanyways. That's why I'm confused on these points, unless you were blasted while talking to me (stranger) in a bar.

P.S. Merc/FL ID's don't allow anything bigger than a GB. Assuming you have said ID's.
' Wrote:(Post 2)
Well. At first you're saying that the captain was showing off.

Okay, sounds alright so far. Then you go, "How the F is this guy a captain?" Followed by, "Oh how I dislike the NB-NT run" to finally end with, "Omgsiteofmurder?" It seems more like an inane train of thought than much else. But once I keep reading and realise, "Oh... I guess she died," the next paragraphs make sense.
err, so you got it then??

' Wrote:(Post 3)
Pecking order here being as follows:
"I love my submarine its long and hard and... Oh wait... Firefly, its small and fast and full of cargo and doesn't get tied up in lanes." Followed by,

"In retrospect, I suppose it wasn't so bad growing up in space with all meh navigatory skillz I have now. I trade and float about and..."

"PWN NUBS IN MEH DESTROYER I saved up for!" and I'm like, "What? How'd he manage to get a destroyer...?" If I were in a bar having a nice chat with you, I'd definitely want to know how.

Well... Aaaanyways. That's why I'm confused on these points, unless you were blasted while talking to me (stranger) in a bar.

P.S. Merc/FL ID's don't allow anything bigger than a GB. Assuming you have said ID's.

ok, in order...

those transports have a 1000 cargo - they're a good size for what they do. Ijust think the firefly is better (more cargo, more guns, less bouncy-bouncy off tiny rocks) and the point of that paragraph was a gentle poke at the power traders, from experience.
meh navigatory skillz - i bin playing this game, and its predecessors since 1984. In a way, my childhood saw computer games come from simple line drawings stored on cassette tapes fer crissake (Horace goes skiiing anyone?)
Pwn Nubs? when did i say that? I have the highest regard for the combat skills of those guys. In fact, if the only way to get back at them is to cap-whore 'em, sobeit.
generally im blasted when im writing heheh:crazy:, but ya, u got me on the freelancer/destroyer thing, shoulda done my research a little better, and waited for the server to come back so I could check up before posting
I may well tell ya how i got the money for the destroyer (which in fact i cant quite yet afford, and will have to rethink its RP, and i thank you for that) but not sure im gonna advertise where/when im gonna be trading... :mellow:
*bump*

new episodes added
Pages: 1 2