Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Another new guy here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hu all!

I'm just another one to join the big ranks of the Discovery mod... Downloaded, installed, made the character and registered here this morning (GMT time at least), and been "studying" all the theory of the server all afternoon, going just for a while inside the game (yeah, I have no life, so what?:laugh:).
Still, I only got to fully understand the basic rules, since the other rules have so much complexity, which I only got to realise when I started seeing debate threads about them...

It is goddam scary starting the mod for the first time, seeing these huge ships compared to my puny Starflier... Doing some missions only made the this scarier. I only thought "WHAT THE HELL?" after shooting enough plasma to the npc's to fuel a planet for a year, only to put them with half the hull... Only returning to the forums I was able find out that they also use b/b's...

Got carried away with the intro...:P

Just to finish, a little question: the rules state that it is allowed to use a Civilian ID till level 40, but what exactly can a Civilian do till then (without changing ID)? Even more since a trader ID ,for example, costs 50000, and I have little more than 6000 now...

See you guys in space! :)
The main reason for the Civ ID is to fix your rep to what you want it to be. For Newbies this time can also be used to get the feel of the player factions and decide where you want to go in the game. It is your grace peroid. it sounds like you have done your research, now Id say find a faction that suits you and work toward joining them.

PS Welcome to Disco
hello, do not do missions unless you have some good fighters, start trading~
do roleplay, and beware of communist penguins, and of course, enjoy the server ^^
Welcome to Discovery!

((And your name resembles mine D: ))
Welcome to discovery. Browse the rules, enjoy the game. Be afraid of the forums.
Welcome you have definatly started out well with reading the rules and all. You should do well here. The most important thing to remember is whatever you do.....DONT EAT THE SYNTHFOOD. IT'S BAD!!!!"
Welcome to discovery! As my Taishi has said, Synth Paste makes your teeth turn purple and your hair fall out, so don't eat it!

just take some Cardi that cures all.
Hello and welcome to Discovery! Normally, I would post a big long introduction and links to certain parts of the forum, but Majkp already did it for me, and I didn't even pay attention!! Imagine that! Go here for all the information you need to know about the server, including the links to the rules, roleplay section, faction forums, and more!!

Enjoy your time here on the server, I know I sure have!

~Abba