Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Vote: The New NPC's and Jump-gate Weapon Tweaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
So, recently whenever I go out on my xeno the only thing it consists of is A: Dodging the jump-gate pulses (two now shoot out at ranges of up to around 2k it would seem) which can kill you damn easily if you have to say grab a drink and you're gone for 10 seconds. That happened. And B: NPC's. With 90 people online I was encountering 2-3 groups of 3-4 fighters each, all with near player tier guns. Now, I'm in a bomber. I had to swap to energy cannons simply because if I used EMP's, it would require godly snac aim and even then the NPC's would pile up and kill me.

I don't know about all of you, but I didn't join a multiplayer server to withstand nonstop zerg rushes from tides of NPC's. Oh, and it's even worse during the night for me when there's 30-40 people online. Transport appears? Nope, can't do anything. Too busy fighting swarms of NPC's.

In summary.. I'm not impressed at all with the lack of forethought that went into massively buffing NPC's. Kept the way it is, lawfuls don't even need to do anything. NPC's drive me off from xenoing just out of the simple annoyance in constantly having to dodge and kill things without rest.

(09-16-2013, 09:32 AM)Mad aerelm Wrote: [ -> ]
That's it. From here on consider this a "vote thread", no more discussion.
  • 1 post per player, sum it up to your take on the NPC difficulty level
  • Keep it to your personal view on the matter and don't go off-topic
  • Don't give a damn about what other people think, and if you do, keep it to yourself because we don't care.
  • No quoting or commenting on other people's posts and opinions, treat this like a comm-channel thread where you can only see the original transmission and none of the replies for the sake of your own sanity
This thread is going to be used as a reference for future dev discussion regarding the matter, so keep it clean and keep it constructive. People who don't follow the simple guidelines provided above, will have their posts removed and also won't like what comes for them next.

Thank you.
Weren't we already complaining about the OP IMG NPCs in O7 and Tau23 back in .86?

Adding them everywhere else doesn't make me happy, they are more dangerous than the players I fight... Make dangerous NPCs for missions, and normal ones for easy repping and NOT conflicting with player interaction 24/7.
(09-16-2013, 06:21 AM)Veygaar Wrote: [ -> ]Weren't we already complaining about the OP IMG NPCs in O7 and Tau23 back in .86?

Adding them everywhere else doesn't make me happy, they are more dangerous than the players I fight... Make dangerous NPCs for missions, and normal ones for easy repping and NOT conflicting with player interaction 24/7.

I wasn't a frequenter of the Omega's or Tau's myself, wouldn't know how bad they were. I do agree if they were similar to these though that they shouldn't have been there.
Oh whinge whinge

It is designed to encourage 'multiplayer' interaction. You know, no lone XA or Rorry renegades holding up faction activity just on looting transports alone.

So what if the game got hard? Isn't that why you play with other people?

I know for a fact that my lone barghest easily picked off npc cruiser groups on my own. Now, I have to have team mates. Good, I didn't join this game to easily defeat all these rookies just so I can be at ease when flying in space.

Space is dangerous; fight it for flight it.
When somebody said that there were supposed to be less, but stronger NPCs, I didn't believe them. During times with the amount of players (~120) where almost no NPCs would appear in .86, there were about as much as if the player count was 0.

I agree that there should be good protection around the station, but it should not interfere with player interaction. We don't need 4.86 OP IMG NPCs all over Sirius that are far more dangerous and annoying to deal with than other players.

Having them in the core systems at valuable positions (important stations, planets, strategic positions like jumpgate from NL to Leeds) is perfectly fine with me, but I agree that in situations as described by the OP it wouldn't be fun to play an unlawful character. (Even though I rarely play an unlawful character, if at all.)
I fight against the odds already (3+vs me). It's sad that the NPCs are more dangerous than the players still :|

Yes I do play multiplayer to play with other people, not to spend my whole time alone or in a group shooting the NPCs because they're a higher threat level than player enemies.
The Rogues lost a very valuable looting ground thanks to jumpholes moved and systems rearranged.
Then you add hard core NPC.

I'm not mad. I'm excited about how I am going to make my millions looting now.

And you want to know who I'll do it? With my faction team members.
(09-16-2013, 06:44 AM)Altejago Wrote: [ -> ]Oh whinge whinge

It is designed to encourage 'multiplayer' interaction. You know, no lone XA or Rorry renegades holding up faction activity just on looting transports alone.

Not quite sure I understand your logic there. Say you're playing Counter-Strike for example. You don't encourage multiplayer interaction by adding bots into the server; because then they're interacting with bots, not players.

Even if that was intended, what happens to the indies who don't want to join a faction or prefer to fly alone? Do they lose their enjoyment? And then you're also forgetting about it from a balance point of view. Lawfuls get a bunch of NPC's on their side shooting pirates for them, while still having just as good tech as unlawfuls. Should lawfuls be nerfed to compensate for this?

Then you might give me the "lawfuls have better tech" argument and I'll simply utter "nomad tech"

I appreciate the feedback but really just sounds like you're giving the crap happens line, which is never constructive IMO.
No, the learn to team up. It is 'us verse them' after all.

And you've not noticed the Scylla patrols? The Werewolves, Hyenas and Greyhounds?

It mightn't be properly balanced for everyone, but this game is about playing with other people.

EDIT: I also know I am one of few who see the good side this new update delivers while every muppet here finds something to complain about.

Good work Dev team. You can't please everyone but at least you're making a fucking good effort at making things work whether they do or not.
Right.

1: Why are you hanging afk, 2K away from a hostile jumpgate and expect to not be harassed? Those pulses have limited range, but are designed to prevent hostile caps from camping a gate. Fighters can dodge them fairly easily. A smart pirate can even turn them to their advantage.

2: The IMG NPCs that are mentioned in this topic were tuned down. They were -way- overpowered in comparison to other ships of the same level. All NPCs are more or less harmonised - same class/count of weapons, just the weapon lines are different. NPCs are still not a match for players, but instead of being the annoying gnats that you need to swat every 2 seconds, they've got a bit of a bite now. If they turn out to harm gameplay, we can always tune them.

3: Tradelanes are the shortest routes now. Piracy at the lanes should be a nobrainer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10