Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rep affecting commodity buy/sell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard a rumor that, at least in the SP version, your ID or reputation with a faction might affect what you can buy/sell at bases. I'm asking if there's an official word on this being true and where we can learn more about it if it is. It would be weird to report a "trading bug" only to find out that it's not a bug that you can't buy/sell stuff due to something you weren't aware of.
No bug here, implemented in MP.
I flew around California on my OS&C and found out I can't but Zynth Synth Gel from Riverside because I am not on good enough terms with Zynth Synth Foods Inc.
Hunh, really? Rep now affects purchase prices... by how much do things fluctuate up and down?

Also I guess this means I need to re-examine my smuggler's reps and raise some more up.

EDIT:
Ah I misread that... well if it is only commodity buy and sell I guess that is not a huge deal for most of my ships... but I am curious as to what the cut off point is for this rep wise.
I think AeternusDoleo did this after my post about ooRP cargo.