Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My thoughts about the Beta based on SP play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
These are my thoughts about the Beta version so far !

I'll start with the Minus side of things

1 Why was there a need to move most of the ships from their current sell locations ?(4.86 sell locations)

2 Why the switch of cap ship weapon class ? why is class 8 considered a heavy weapon now and class 10 a light one?

3 why separate the guns from the missiles ? why not leave them like they were ? why is there a need for a missile pod slot instead of leaving the weapon slots just the way they are ? For people who have a fighter fighting style that depend on missiles instead of energy weapons such as myself that's a real MINUS side

4 why the Missile ammo reduction ? why drop it from 70 to 45?

5 Why modify the Cap ship Missile turret from energy based to ammo based ?

If this is where the Discovery Mod is heading , then i might want to start looking for another hobby !

ever since the Freelancer 1.0 my fighting style always incorporated missiles ! That's how i've learned to pvp in ships smaller then a GB ! 8 years i have played this game Missile combat style ! And now ? suddenly i must change my fighting style ? after fighting for 8 years using only missiles ?
For what ? so that i can waste another 8 years learning how to fight with the Guns ?
Sorry i cant do that !

And also a side note : I'm from a non-RP server ! I never play in a RP server ! Never have and never will ! What's the point of having so many new ships if I'm not allowed to have one of every faction ?

anyway that's all i had to say ! If u people want to kill me for complaining , be my guest !
(09-17-2013, 05:37 PM)DarkLord-the-Dark Sage Wrote: [ -> ]ever since the Freelancer 1.0 my fighting style always incorporated missiles ! That's how i've learned to pvp in ships smaller then a GB ! 8 years i have played this game Missile combat style ! And now ? suddenly i must change my fighting style ? after fighting for 8 years using only missiles ?
For what ? so that i can waste another 8 years learning how to fight with the Guns ?
Sorry i cant do that !

If you've only used missiles for 8 years, you're doing something wrong 8|
(09-17-2013, 05:37 PM)DarkLord-the-Dark Sage Wrote: [ -> ]ever since the Freelancer 1.0 my fighting style always incorporated missiles ! That's how i've learned to pvp in ships smaller then a GB ! 8 years i have played this game Missile combat style ! And now ? suddenly i must change my fighting style ? after fighting for 8 years using only missiles ?

If you are so worried about wasting 8 years to learn how to fight with guns,

(09-17-2013, 05:37 PM)DarkLord-the-Dark Sage Wrote: [ -> ]And also a side note : I'm from a non-RP server ! I
Thats where you should be.
8 years fight on missiles?

Is it good to oneshot all with 1 button?

You are more noobish than me.

Go back to your Non-RP server and spam all with Lancers and Cannonballs.
(09-17-2013, 06:06 PM)belarusich Wrote: [ -> ]8 years fight on missiles?

I would go back to my Non-RP server ! Except My Non-RP server is NOT LISTED ON THE GLOBAL LIST ! And why is that ? Well SOMEBODY FORGOT TO RE-LIST IT ON THE GLOBAL LIST

And in case u failed to notice the NPC's are not that Dumb anymore ! they have been getting upgrades so even with all my missiles its become more harder to kill them especially since their gear was improved !

And sorry but i dont use those relics anymore ! I use Sidewinders !

And how i fight is my problem ! i dont go around criticising people about their fighting style or call them noobs ! We all have different talents ! Just because someone cant do the things that u guys can do gives u the right to call him a noob
You used 1-button style for "8 years" and you blame developers of disco that they ruined noobish way of fights.

P.S. NO ONE CARES, will you play disco or no. We just dont care.
(09-17-2013, 05:37 PM)DarkLord-the-Dark Sage Wrote: [ -> ]If this is where the Discovery Mod is heading , then i might want to start looking for another hobby !

No one cares

Quote:8 years i have played this game Missile combat style ! And now ? suddenly i must change my fighting style ? after fighting for 8 years using only missiles ?

Yes you must do that, otherwise go and play 1.0
(09-17-2013, 06:26 PM)DarkLord-the-Dark Sage Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2013, 06:06 PM)belarusich Wrote: [ -> ]8 years fight on missiles?

I would go back to my Non-RP server ! Except My Non-RP server is NOT LISTED ON THE GLOBAL LIST ! And why is that ? Well SOMEBODY FORGOT TO RE-LIST IT ON THE GLOBAL LIST

And in case u failed to notice the NPC's are not that Dumb anymore ! they have been getting upgrades so even with all my missiles its become more harder to kill them especially since their gear was improved !

And sorry but i dont use those relics anymore ! I use Sidewinders !

And how i fight is my problem ! i dont go around criticising people about their fighting style or call them noobs ! We all have different talents ! Just because someone cant do the things that u guys can do gives u the right to call him a noob

Then you just use guns.
Contrary to private opinion, it's not that hard to click on a red cross and shoot.
(09-17-2013, 06:31 PM)belarusich Wrote: [ -> ]You used 1-button style for "8 years" and you blame developers of disco that they ruined noobish way of fights.

P.S. NO ONE CARES, will you play disco or no. We just dont care.

Who said anything about Blaming the Devs ? I only VOICED MY OWN OPINION ON THE SUBJECT !

P.S. I Dont care what u do either ! If you would Look more carefully at my post you would see that i only displayed a few minus sides from my point of view ! I DIDNT SAY : "I BLAME THE DEVS FOR EVERYTHING LISTED ABOVE ME " You idiot !

I may have exaggerated when i said that it would take me another 8 years to adapt to this situation

Thanks to a certain someone who forced me to move from server to server i have been getting a lot of practice in balancing the guns with the missiles ! but that's beside the point ! All i was trying to do was Express my own Point of View Regarding this sudden change in the way my preffered choice of weapons was reduced in importance
The irony is that missiles were significantly buffed, so your style will actually work now.
Pages: 1 2 3