Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Discovery...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I'm new to the server, only just made my character today. I've been playing Freelancer online since 2004, and I'm looking forward to continuing my career on this server. It's amazing it's been kept so active despite Freelancer's ageing lifespan. I've been browsing the forums and have liked what I've read, this seems to be a large community dedicated to good roleplaying both on the boards and ingame. I look forward to seeing you all ingame and integrating myself into the server. I'm in the process of coming up with my bio for this character, I'll post it up soon in the right section.

Couple of questions though, first off have the prices of commodities (other than those unique ones added) been changed from vanilla FL? Also, what kind of setups do you see alot of here? On the other server I've played on it was almost completely missile-orientated, though I always preferred simple guns and maybe a CD and torp combo. Is it mostly guns here? Finally, I make signatures, where should I offer my services here?

See you all in the black;)
Hey!:)
You are very welcome here, i wish you a lot of fun and RP!
We on this server all use weapons which fit to our chars...this means:
As a corsair you should use corsair or ally weaponry, codeweapons work too.
Some use missiles, some use only guns.
Others use only guns and a CD on their fighter (like me:P) and use enemies rockets against them.
All commodity-prices have changed since vanilla, it's REALLY a lot to discover here.
And i'm sure you will have fun here.
If you have questions, then just contact some players (best would be [The_Angels]) and if they're not online just contact some clan-members or other players. 90% of them can help you:)
If you dont understand something which nobody can answer you ingame, then post it here in the forums.

See ya in space :yu:

EDIT:
Oh and very important:

The Rules!
Read my stories, join the LPI, yadda yadda. Welcome.
Hello and welcome to Discovery! Normally, I would post a big long introduction and links to certain parts of the forum, but Majkp already did it for me, and I didn't even pay attention!! Imagine that! Go here for all the information you need to know about the server, including the links to the rules, roleplay section, faction forums, and more!!

Enjoy your time here on the server, I know I sure have!

~Abba
Welcome John - contribute to the community (which it already looks like you will) and have a great time!
Welcome to discovery my friend. From what I have seen of you, you seem to have made a very good start here at Discovery.

You probably already know this, but Synth Paste makes your teeth turn purple and your hair fall out. Don't eat it. It's bad.
You seem like a good RPer and player, Have fun here mate!