Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dual docking rings for smuggling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read a while back that someone had posted saying there would be dual docking on planets that would buy illicit goods for more than the regular docking ports in 4.87. I flew around today and didn't see any.

I was just wondering if this was put on hold? I'd like to be able to smuggle and it be profitable! Thanks for the information if anyone has any!
I read on forums a while back that the devs were working on smuggling to be more worth your time and effort, unlike in 4.86 .
I guess we wait in see or look at Freelancer Companion if anything changed.
There only exist those "smuggler rings" on Planet Leeds, so that both GRN and BAF can access it. Which shall display the current war situation on Leeds.

I also hoped that there'll be more of such "double rings", but there aren't any (yet).
I think that's an awesome idea!
I was told there will be double rings on Kyushu as well so that the AFA can access it but nothing so far.
Great idea.

The "smuggler ring" is only dockable by small ships. So people can dock freighters only. The commodities can be buffed to still give good profit for smugglers, even though they can only transport little amounts. Would buff smuggling. Would make for cool rp.

Ofc a 5ker could sit there and multibox unload stuff on a freighter, but perhaps brutal NPC presence at low activity hours and player intervention can put a stop to this kind of abuse.
EDIT: Statement Redacted, I read it wrong.
The problem with this is that a freighter will always manage to quickdock, which makes it a zero-risk endeavor.
There is no way for the lawful players to prevent the freighter from docking, except ganking or a lucky SNAC shot.
Just do buoys like at Leeds which will be neutral to unlawfuls, no need to do it freighters only...
Set price 7k or so, that will be good payment for risk...(e.g. OC smuggling cardamine to Mann...)
Quote:The "smuggler ring" is only dockable by small ships. So people can dock freighters only. The commodities can be buffed to still give good profit for smugglers, even though they can only transport little amounts. Would buff smuggling. Would make for cool rp.

Only problem I have with this is a lot of smugglers use the Salvager and Pilgrim Liner (or even Vache in some cases). I don't like the idea of being too exclusive with smuggling.
Pages: 1 2