Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Universal should have a good gunboat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-05-2013, 03:45 AM)Zigeris Wrote: [ -> ]Um US ....... needs a gunboat? Now I may be dated on my mode of consensus, but every civilian company needing a gunboat is getting old >.>.

Now I am a hypocrite when I ran Kishiro, but guess what...Kishiro built military vessels. Does US build military ships? I'm old, but I never was informed of such things when I was in USI <,<.

Needs? No, but neither do Kishiro.

As for not building; what, is it impossible to purchase vessels?

Surely a large scale corporation such as USI would wish to protect their assets by their own means rather than rely on a third party?

Unless.. you're a liberal out to get my guns.. :S
(10-06-2013, 07:56 AM)Evo Wrote: [ -> ]Surely a large scale corporation such as USI would wish to protect their assets by their own means rather than rely on a third party?

Exactly. We commonly team up with the liberty navy, but then we end up splitting large portions with them such as 20% of 400 mil, rather than giving a straight 10 mil to employees regardless of profit (or whatever it is). It's like hiring multiple miners! Except, of course, universal not having miners makes complete sense.

In fact, one time, we had a barge mining mission that was at a projected 600 mil profit, I believe. We had 2 haulers that went between the miner and the barge, 2 USI security fighters, and 2 LN fighters. We were caught off guard by 2 rogue gunboats. They destroyed the barge like it was nothing and then took off. If we had any gunboats, we could have had a much better chance at surviving the attack.

Being the largest private corporation in liberty, and commonly hiring the navy for protection anyway, it would make sense that they would have the funds to buy gunboats. Personally, as soon as I heard of the condor, I thought this conversation over. I don't think that we need the liberty military gunboat. It really is fine as it is now because of the condor; especially considering the easy sell point.

TL;DR: Condor makes complete sense and makes everything OK. We needed something like it, so I complained, but I didn't know about this new magical civilian gunboat when I first posted this thread.
(10-06-2013, 07:56 AM)Evo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2013, 03:45 AM)Zigeris Wrote: [ -> ]Um US ....... needs a gunboat? Now I may be dated on my mode of consensus, but every civilian company needing a gunboat is getting old >.>.

Now I am a hypocrite when I ran Kishiro, but guess what...Kishiro built military vessels. Does US build military ships? I'm old, but I never was informed of such things when I was in USI <,<.

Needs? No, but neither do Kishiro.

As for not building; what, is it impossible to purchase vessels?

Surely a large scale corporation such as USI would wish to protect their assets by their own means rather than rely on a third party?

Kishiro is a predominate political figure and weigh in Kusari. The need comes from constant tides of political threats. Also they have contracts with the Naval forces.

Sure they can buy, so buy, no need to come up with a completely new gunship that they can simply "buy." Use the Liberty Gunship.

Shut up with that liberal crap. Has nothing to do with it.
Pages: 1 2