Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Yachts speed in 4.87
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well titel says all. Yachts were rare and exclusive ships and were appealing cause they could go 100 impulse in 4.86. Now that speed is allowed for fireflies and BWT. Should we bump yacht to 120 then ? PErsonally i like idea of smuggling yacht with cloaking device and some RP contraband.
If it encourages smuggling then I'm up for it!
(09-30-2013, 09:04 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]If it encourages smuggling then I'm up for it!

this... maybe i'll buy a yacht if this happens
I believe I read somewhere that the Democritus and Geisha will be getting some sort of improvement, now that they now longer have a speed advantage (well, other than an extra 6 m/s cruise speed).

I previously suggested giving the Democritus enough energy to fire its gunboat turret, but the way transport and gunboat turrets currently compare, nobody's going to use one anyway. Not to mention the extremely restricted firing arc.

They could get another small speed buff I suppose, but that'll put their thrust dangerously close to snubs.

Maybe just give them full gunboat weaponry, like a Raba/Salvager? Neither has a CD anyway.

Or, a more defensive approach: Give them a gunboat shield. Would fit their role as a very secure way for rich people to travel.
(10-01-2013, 01:20 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I read somewhere that the Democritus and Geisha will be getting some sort of improvement, now that they now longer have a speed advantage (well, other than an extra 6 m/s cruise speed).

I previously suggested giving the Democritus enough energy to fire its gunboat turret, but the way transport and gunboat turrets currently compare, nobody's going to use one anyway. Not to mention the extremely restricted firing arc.

They could get another small speed buff I suppose, but that'll put their thrust dangerously close to snubs.

Maybe just give them full gunboat weaponry, like a Raba/Salvager? Neither has a CD anyway.

Or, a more defensive approach: Give them a gunboat shield. Would fit their role as a very secure way for rich people to travel.

Right and also put some high prices for them(Yachts..luxury, not hungry smuggler ships) not necesarily tremendous like the renzu liner but still....a High price.
(10-01-2013, 01:24 PM)Pilip Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2013, 01:20 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I read somewhere that the Democritus and Geisha will be getting some sort of improvement, now that they now longer have a speed advantage (well, other than an extra 6 m/s cruise speed).

Right and also put some high prices for them(Yachts..luxury, not hungry smuggler ships) not necesarily tremendous like the renzu liner but still....a High price.

I like the defensive idea of putting a larger shield on. Not bad of an idea at all.
Cruising could be increased in speed to make it harder to catch.

As for the pricing, IMO I'd rather still buy myself a Story with 5000 cargo if i wanted to trade. I guess maybe you have to decide whether you wana be quick and hard to kill or have a bigger cargo and be average.
(10-01-2013, 06:37 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2013, 01:24 PM)Pilip Wrote: [ -> ]

I like the defensive idea of putting a larger shield on. Not bad of an idea at all.
Cruising could be increased in speed to make it harder to catch.

As for the pricing, IMO I'd rather still buy myself a Story with 5000 cargo if i wanted to trade. I guess maybe you have to decide whether you wana be quick and hard to kill or have a bigger cargo and be average.

Well a yacht is a luxurious ship not a hauler ship so there is no point in them having 4,5k as cargo space; good for carrying 'some' stuff but the important thing is to be hard to be cornered, more like for certain people really good at having looong conversation in space....RP right? that's the ideea, want to trade? then get a hauler, want a yacht? then buddy that is not a xK cargo ship!
From what I'm getting at the yacht would be just only used then as a RP ship. No really gonna pay you back in anyway and if you expect gunboat turrets to make the yacht offensive... good luck.
well-sheilded and fast wins over weaponry buffs.

i see no problem with the yachts being snub-fast. I have sailed large yachts (30mUSD+) that were able to pull a water-skier along. if the yacht is a defensive bird, then giving them a speed boost will encourage smuggling, which in turn will give the police factions something to do.
Gunboat shields on yachts are good option to buff to make them in some way distinctive
Pages: 1 2