Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gunboat use in 4.87
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During this beta test phase everyday Ledds MAgellan pewnage give some reflections about military engagements.

In this moment bombers are most potent weapon. They are more agile and give more damage than gunboats , so Gunboat is redundant in fighting cruisers or caps or tranports.

On other hand GB turrets are too slow to catch bomber and to weak to damage big ships, unless from close distance continued salvo which brings much higher risk then bomber rally strafe tactics.

Bombers even have chance to down fighter in dogfight if figther not carefull.

What is left for GB nowdays. This topic was discussed earlier i believe.

We need one bomber hunter with very fast guns. GB can not outmanouver bomber , but suppose GB have extremely fast and accurate guns (with no big damage but considerable to fend of charging bomber. That Gb can fly near attacked cap ship and fend off pesty bombers.
One good thing would be anti torpedo missiles. Some fast missiles who can ntercept incoming torpedos. That kind of GB could defend cruiser (who are tottaly defensless against pack of bombers) , and boost up BS defence capabilities.

Idea is to make vessel against bomber on 1on 1 has almost NO chance to win. That would make GB in military engagements an important part to get rid of it before cap attack. Nowdays GB are last to take down , cause thez are not threat to anyone .

Other possibility for bomber is cap attacker. Give GB with 500k or 600k extra torpedo slots for fighter sunslayer torpedo which is redundant with no energy consume and you will get (with cerberus guns) solid cap assaulter - not dangerous as bombers , but more sturdier and invulnerable from smaller vessel if not countered by cap ships.

That could be good tactical appliance of GB.
Quote:One good thing would be anti torpedo missiles.
Quite good idea, I'd say. Something like CD with a bit bigger damage/flak abilities, but no CD abilities.
And it should be energy-propelled, not ammo based

As for fighter torpedo-Gunboats already have forward guns for anticap purposes
Quote:One good thing would be anti torpedo missiles.

We have already a anti torpedo missile... use your cd's.
hmm CD can blow up torpedo? ... ho my i was noob not to know it . Thnks man
gunboat with battlerazor and missiles can kill bombers all day
Yes, if you target an incoming Torpedo and shoot a CD at it, it should explode it.

It's even a bonus if a fighter is flying close to the torp and catches some of the explosion. Wink