Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: One mind, one goal, one purpose.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Yuri!" Her mother called "Yuri! Where are you? We need to go home!"

The pink fields of cherry blossoms were Yuri's favorite place. Despite the childish traditions of dolls, she found that the blossoms were far more entertaining than the inanimate objects that had to be brought and dressed with caution. The blossoms felt like a home, where their sweet smells and beautiful colours attracted her like a bee to a flower. This worried her mother greatly, why would a 4 year old girl do this?

"Yuri!" She finally called with exasperation. "There you are! Come along, we have to prepare dinner."

Yuri watched as a blossom fell from the tree and landed on her nose. What a harmless life she lived.

"Yuri, wait for me!" A familiar whistled. It was Kazou, the uber-friendly boy who lived a skipping stone away from Yuri. At the age of 8, he really knew how to push her buttons sometimes. But she was nice, as she usually was, and waited for his thin legs to pick up the pace. She laughed when he almost fell over the curb.

"Wh-What?"Kazou whined. Yuri simply helped him up, which made Kazou somewhat nervous. They continued their walk with the constant theme of Kazou's wonderings. Before going inside, Kazou picked the biggest cherry blossom and gave it to her, unknowingly tapping into the fields of pink nostalgia.

Yuri never spoke much and at High School, that never really changed. It wasn't long before people just regarded her as a tumbleweed that roamed the hallways and was cornered in classes. Kazou was the only person she spoke to and by the end of the day, she always had a lot to say. But he always seemed to have a little more from the rough world of an All Boys School. When Kazou's angry father called him home in fits of rage, Yuri would sometimes whistle tunes, which would eventually turn into soft songs. This would happen secretly though, she couldn't risk embarrassment from peers.

"Mu..." At the age of 18, Yuri had become seriously ill. Her voice was cut, her throat swollen, arms numb and hair fragmented. Her days in a hospital were painful and aggravating. Sunlight was seen from 7am to 6pm, family at 4pm and food was at 8am, 12pm and 8pm. She felt so accustomed to these times that she could feel them merging into her personality. Life was dull and painful to live.

So it was scary that a visitor would be present in the early hours of the morning.

"Very sick. Very sick." A silhouetted figure was pasted to the wall, observing her. She tried to speak back at him, or it.
"Go...go"

"Working. You are working. You are better. You are One. One mind, one goal, one purpose." Useless. Yuri was just a body in a bed, listening to a crazy man talk, a crazy man who could easily kill her, carnation her, harm her. Where was purpose for a body in a white room? A dying soul, walled in by physical boundaries. A shell echoing the sound of defeat. Where was the sweet Kazou who pampered her with blossoms and conversations of football and teachers.

"No Fear. The Storm awaits. The final song."

"Yuri, are... are you sure?" Her ever cautious mum inquired. The launchpad was covered by an Armoured Transport, outbound for a sightseeing trip around Kusari. Yuri's mother was hesitant, with the constant threat of criminals and revolutionaries, but Yuri found ways to persuade her.
"I'm sure, I just have to see what's out there!" she encouraged. Despite this, that night in the hospital was looming in the back of her mind.

The first stop was the New Tokyo System. Although living on Kyushu was pleasant, the neon life of Tokyo was a delight. Bright signs, Dark towering cities, stalls and stands galore. What a contrast from a farmer's life on Kyushu. It was in a back alley that her biggest surprise would be discovered.

"Yuri? Is that you?" A familiar voice called out. It reminded her of a past friend, was it... Kazou? "Yuri!" He grabbed her by the shoulders. Kazou. Despite the odds, Yuri and Kazou met in a dark back alley. His once childish features had evolved into ragged, handsome charms.

They talked in a bar, Kazou had taken up a job in the Naval Forces and he was currently on leave. Yuri told him how she was adventuring with a group of tourists and were heading towards the Hokkaido system, then the Rishiri system and finally the Nagano system. He agreed to follow behind the transport, even though it wasn't needed. She was still amused by his unchanged nature.

Despite the anxities of her mother, Yuri, the tourists and Kazou made it to the Nagano system unscathed. After talking over the communication systems, Kazou wanted to lead the transport through the the Midori Cloud. Despite the abrupt demand, the captain decided on it. It wasn't long till the tourist were gazing in awe of the beautiful hydrogen cloud.

It was unexpected to see a Naval Forces team stop a Tourist's Bus, but Kazou was on the job in an instant, making attempts to persuade them. Yuri listened on the communications system.
"Kazou chan, for infiltration of the ranks of the Naval Forces, you are hereby charged with treason. Disable your weapons and shield and prepare to be taken into custody"
"Me? I don't believe I've taken part in any unlawful crimes."
"Kazou, the law has spoken, you are under arrest. We'll take responsibility of this bus."
"Sir, I work under the Naval Forces name, I am no traitor!"
"Kazou, we'd like to remind you we never called you a traitor."

Yuri choked. The other tourists were oblivious to the situation at hand. They were head down in a pool of bliss. Yuri tapped into the channel again.

"Long live the Blood Dragons!"

Explosions followed. Then screams. The communications systems screeched and fuzzed until Yuri blacked out.

"12 new messages"

She was alive. She was hurt and her sight was blurry. Red filtered through the ship's bridge and an annoying beep was persistent through her piercing headache. A thin layer of metal shavings dusted everything. Yuri rose to her feet. She nearly fell many times, but managed to stabilize herself. She accidentally lent on the 'Play Messages' button.
"Message One: Yuri! Yuri are you ok!? Message End."
The messages continued on with harsh endings.
"Message Twelve: Yuri, if you live, I'm going to get help. Stay put. I'll explain everything later, just trust me. Message End."

Yuri walked the dirty halls of the Transport. Bodies were common, but in the living quarters there was a collection of survivors. The captain was among them, trying to calm the passengers. Scarred, scared and silenced people, shook to the core. She told them what the messages said, but left out the fact that Kazou was a Blood Dragon agent.

"Young girl, in the kitchen there is food and water, bring them here and quick!"

Yuri must have been hit hard, she could hear voices in the walls. Yet, they sounded familiar. Yuri shrugged it off and continued her journey to the kitchen. But the voices got louder. Who was it?

It was him. The man from the hospital. He stood in the middle of the kitchen, covered by black robes.

"You are better. Do you remember? Speak."

"Who... who are you?"

"One mind, one goal, one purpose."

Yuri's mind became scattered. Filled with nonsense. She spun around and fell down in a heartbeat. Her goals changed, she felt different. What was-

"They aren't a part of the mind. Send them into eternal darkness"

She followed back down the hallways. Scouring bodies for a weapon. She was under a spell and she knew it. But she couldn't fight it. She was a part of something bigger, something she couldn't control. She found a pistol on the bridge, loaded.

As she approached the living quarters, Yuri began to quake uncontrollably. Could she kill innocents? What about Kazou? Would he have to die to? She turned the corner to the innocents.

"Well? Where's the food? Where's the water?"

"The eternal darkness awaits the mindless"

Heaven shouldn't be a space station, but it is. Her mind is dead, so it is there. Her body has been used as a node, like many other infectees. Yuri is a part of one mind, one goal, one purpose.

//ooRP note, am willing to patch this up, if I finally decide to enroll in the Iseijin. This is here in case I do enroll.