Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is it possible inRP? Independent Miners Guild, Gallic Metal Service,Outcasts, Council
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings.

I am not that familiar with Gallic diplomacy, but I'd like to learn due to the story advancements made in 4.87. So I have three questions:

1. Is it inRP for a(n unofficial) Council faction to make a ceasefire agreement with OC (officials, CL, etc)? The RP reason is to ease the pressure on the faction's forces, so they can focus on stopping the GRN advance.
1/a. If the option above is not possible, is it inRP to make a pact that OC forces don't attack the faction's ships in Bretonian systems? I know they made a pact with Bretonia to cease hostilities, but they still can pew Council in Bretonia, can't they?

2. InRP, can be IMG and GMS miners part of a same player group (not unofficial faction), under the same (code protected) tag? According to the IMG and GMS official faction Wiki, they are neutral/friendly, but I don't know if there are any existing agreements/pacts that obstruct this co-operation.

3. Council zoi now includes Bretonia. Does this mean that Council ships (caps) can move freely in Bretonia, and they can dock on bases/planets without prior approvement from the Bretonian Government? As from the viewpoint regarding the war, it would make sense that no approvement is needed. But what is the actual situation in this matter?

Official faction representatives are welcome to provide official opinions (this is the reason for the thread title).
Thanks in advance.
just for the 2.

GMS ID
Pilot carrying this ID is an employee of Gallic Metal Service

IMG ID
Pilot carrying this ID is an Independent Mining Guild member

You should use Gallia or Rheinland restart and use Freelancer ID
I can't really understand your answer. Freelancers can't mine. My question was, if IMG and GMS can be part of the same player group, thus can they work together in cooperation, or not? Can they mine together in the same tagged player group, or not?
(10-05-2013, 09:22 PM)Ponge Wrote: [ -> ]I can't really understand your answer. Freelancers can't mine. My question was, if IMG and GMS can be part of the same player group, thus can they work together in cooperation, or not? Can they mine together in the same tagged player group, or not?

If when you say same tagged player group like .:J:. is the Junker Congress or [LN]is the liberty navy then no they can't. If you form a group of differently tagged players lets say [LN] and BAF then its ok as these pilots would work together in Magellan as an example.
The Council ID allows you to shoot Outcast IDs but it doesn't force you to. While you shouldn't be grouping up in-game, there aren't any rules about making an inRP (or just ooRP) ceasefire and only shooting your other enemies. Some Outcasts might be willing to make this an official thing but others may reject it. If the sides are fairly balanced though, I'd expect Council and Outcast players to shoot GRN until the other becomes a larger threat.
I personally see it as the rather prevalent problem of people making too many friends/getting rid of too many enemies. If you ask [C], they are inactive because GRN (and Gallia in general) is inactive and I speak from CR| experience that the Outcasts are a much more active enemy to have. Up to you on it though, it is definitely a possibility though.

While there aren't any rules about having non-hostile IDs in the same unofficial faction, it is generally looked down upon. The two entities are separate for a reason, but you could make or join an IMG and/or GMS group who is willing to work with the other (I believe both the main ones currently fit this category) or simply use untagged ships.
You won't be allowed to use each others' bases though, which is enforced through -0.55 rephacks.

The Bretonian Charter hasn't been updated yet, but the previous idea was that Council ships were free to sit about in Leeds. With the shifting of control, I'd say this will be changed to New London and Manchester, perhaps more or less except when the GRN are actually raiding.
Just because your ID allows you to run around shooting any pirate in Bretonia doesn't mean it makes much RP sense for you to fight the Corsairs invading Poole and Cambridge for example.
Thank you SummerMcLovin for the detailed answers. I got thorough answers to all my questions. This thread can be closed now.
Kk, thread closed and moved - Pavel