Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: WAR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-11-2013, 02:32 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]You do understand nobody will want to be on the losing side, right?

What do you mean nobody? Maybe I'm just one of those few people who like to play with the losing side because:

1.) they face overwhelming odds, and I find excitement in such odds
2.) if we lose, then I expected it to happen, so there's not really anything to be done
3.) if we WIN, we will be hailed AWESOME
Sounds like a good idea especially using POBs to keep control of a system.And there are a few active gallia players around just not so much during beta.
(10-11-2013, 02:32 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]You do understand nobody will want to be on the losing side, right?

Wrong, I have been a Xeno since 2008 and love it, talk about being on the loosing side. Now I have a Gallic, we always are overwhelmed by the other side, and guess what sometimes we win Big Grin
There is a difference in playing the losing side where you have nothing to lose (just hit respawn), and playing the losing side while only having control of one system because there are a lot of no-lifer hostile caps claiming the rest of your house.
(10-11-2013, 12:40 PM)Mister_X Wrote: [ -> ]I suggested the same thing some 5 months ago, but people didn't seem to like the idea a lot....

I suggested this thing once too, if this could implemented , disco will get new blood for sure, this thing will be amazing, Base Capturing, system owning, but core systems will stay protected like put some RP reasons like Protect Each Border jump gate with Battleship station Near each of them which cannot be Destroyed of Captured, will be cool and real if happends,like you have to drawn all hull of the station and for capturing you have to stay for a particular time to capture that base and other faction have to defend, etc. Cool, but they i dont think they will make it happen, i mean disco makers can do it, but they will not i guess.
Discovery of Discover has such features- destructible/capturable bases and systems. There aren't many players there honestly.

i would...makes it more fun;...
(10-12-2013, 03:30 PM)Lonely_Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]Discovery of Discover has such features- destructible/capturable bases and systems. There aren't many players there honestly.

could you explain me where I can find that because I never seen it in disco

--------------------------

or maybe add some border system between those houses that they can take control of,
and make some mining fields or some factory stations in those systems so the traders of the faction that has control of the system has benefits of it
and that there will be every week for example every Saturday or Sunday a battle for the system and who wins get control of that system for a week and then there is again a battle.
Disco doesn't have the playerbase to support that, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your pov. Even if the server would have 225 players 24/7, with the current amount of systems and factions it still wouldn't be enough.
Pages: 1 2