Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker Salvager Purchasable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey there, recently I've discovered that the Salvager is beeing sold on different stations (Well I actually just found it somewhere sold in Gallia).

http://ft.trillian.im/9c265d332da619287f...y5z73x.jpg

I wondered this, is the Junker Salvager purchasable now for Freelancers and Pirates? Cause last time, it was the infocard that prevented it from it, explaining that salvagers are only used by Junkers, but now after seeing it beeing sold on different bases. Are we allowed to purchase it as Freelancers or Pirates?
You'll also notice that the places (there are two) that sell the Salvager in Gallia are both Gallic Junker bases. The RP of the ship is still that it is almost exclusively used by Junkers, but there have been a few people permitted by the Congress to use one. The same can be said of Blood Dragon ships and probably a few others: while the factions might be annoyed at you (and if they are official, bounty anyone using them without permission), it is not against the rules to use the ships on other IDs. I know of at least one Pirate ID Salvager and several Freelancer ones and they are allowed by the rules to do so.
Off the top of my head, the only ship that is specifically restricted from doing this is the Zoner Whale, which is fairly clear in its ooRP instructions that you have to use it with a Zoner ID.
(10-12-2013, 01:38 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]You'll also notice that the places (there are two) that sell the Salvager in Gallia are both Gallic Junker bases. The RP of the ship is still that it is almost exclusively used by Junkers, but there have been a few people permitted by the Congress to use one. The same can be said of Blood Dragon ships and probably a few others: while the factions might be annoyed at you (and if they are official, bounty anyone using them without permission), it is not against the rules to use the ships on other IDs. I know of at least one Pirate ID Salvager and several Freelancer ones and they are allowed by the rules to do so.
Off the top of my head, the only ship that is specifically restricted from doing this is the Zoner Whale, which is fairly clear in its ooRP instructions that you have to use it with a Zoner ID.

Why do Zoners get special treatment?
(10-12-2013, 01:57 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2013, 01:38 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]You'll also notice that the places (there are two) that sell the Salvager in Gallia are both Gallic Junker bases. The RP of the ship is still that it is almost exclusively used by Junkers, but there have been a few people permitted by the Congress to use one. The same can be said of Blood Dragon ships and probably a few others: while the factions might be annoyed at you (and if they are official, bounty anyone using them without permission), it is not against the rules to use the ships on other IDs. I know of at least one Pirate ID Salvager and several Freelancer ones and they are allowed by the rules to do so.

Why do Zoners get special treatment?

Balance reasons.

See: CMs.
(10-12-2013, 01:57 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]Why do Zoners get special treatment?

Because the Salvager is actually the worst choice one could make for either a transport or a gunboat, contrarily to the whale.
(10-14-2013, 08:55 PM)Dancing Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Because the Salvager is actually the worst choice one could make for either a transport or a gunboat, contrarily to the whale.

Okay dear, run along now.
(10-15-2013, 01:18 AM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2013, 08:55 PM)Dancing Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Because the Salvager is actually the worst choice one could make for either a transport or a gunboat, contrarily to the whale.

Okay dear, run along now.

I'm serious! Unless they changed it, it doesn't have a CD, it's cargo load isn't that impressive, it's firing arcs are a mess, the powercore is less than impressive, while the Whale is 80 millions cheaper than most other 5 ks, and has a CM launcher.

As a result, it's not as prone to abuse.
(10-15-2013, 01:50 AM)Dancing Lady Wrote: [ -> ]I'm serious! Unless they changed it, it doesn't have a CD, it's cargo load isn't that impressive, it's firing arcs are a mess, the powercore is less than impressive, while the Whale is 80 millions cheaper than most other 5 ks, and has a CM launcher.

It's an excellent support craft for smaller engagements. Its firepower is more than enough to keep a fighter running and will punish careless bombers.
Pair it up with a fighter and it will almost definitely survive an engagement with a pirate bomber. When paired with an interceptor it can make for quite a brutal ore pirate.

Last time I checked it had a CM launcher (I had a cloaking sally), you might be thinking of the Pilgrim. If the devs have seen fit to remove the CM in .87, then I weep for humanity.

If gb missiles were made useful again in .87, it becomes even more dangerous.
(10-15-2013, 05:06 AM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]Pair it up with a fighter and it will almost definitely survive an engagement with a pirate bomber. When paired with an interceptor it can make for quite a brutal ore pirate.

Pair anything up with a fighter and a bomber should be toast.

:V
(10-15-2013, 05:06 AM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2013, 01:50 AM)Dancing Lady Wrote: [ -> ]I'm serious! Unless they changed it, it doesn't have a CD, it's cargo load isn't that impressive, it's firing arcs are a mess, the powercore is less than impressive, while the Whale is 80 millions cheaper than most other 5 ks, and has a CM launcher.

It's an excellent support craft for smaller engagements. Its firepower is more than enough to keep a fighter running and will punish careless bombers.
Pair it up with a fighter and it will almost definitely survive an engagement with a pirate bomber. When paired with an interceptor it can make for quite a brutal ore pirate.

Last time I checked it had a CM launcher (I had a cloaking sally), you might be thinking of the Pilgrim. If the devs have seen fit to remove the CM in .87, then I weep for humanity.

If gb missiles were made useful again in .87, it becomes even more dangerous.

I was referring to the fact the Whale has a CM when compared to all the other 5 Ks. Also, the Whale is still more prone to abuse, since you don't actually need any support to powertrade.

Plus, the P-trans is just better. 8I
Pages: 1 2 3