Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gravity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The movie is about a space catastrophe, if we can call it that. A Russian military satellite is destroyed and its fragments are causing mayhem on the Earth's orbit. The left overs from the satellite are destroying other satellites and causing a snowball effect.

Spoiler alert now.
We got 2 US Astronauts caught in this mayhem. One dies, the other one is set on her way to save herself by getting to the Chinese Station, which is floating nearby, and using their escape module to land on Earth..

She jumps to the Russian Space Station, but no cigar, then she manages to jump over to the Chinese Station, where we see a ping pong rocket floating in space along with a metal statue of Buddha. (extra weight? and how do you play ping pong in 0 gravity?)

Anyway, she manages to survive.

The End.

The whole movie is not very action packed, some scenery, some this and that. It reminded me of the new Tron movie because of scenery, not much dialogue and a lot of "epic-grand" music.

Snipped a part off, you may wish to lower the amount of stars due to the fact that a person's appearance has nothing to do with the quality of the movie.

The whole movie gets 3 our of 5 from me.
i have seen the trailer few days ago, and trailer was pretty good, lets see what actual movie has to offer.
(10-15-2013, 04:03 AM)Makc_RU Wrote: [ -> ]Sandra looks sexy, i'd do her.

The whole movie gets 3 our of 5 from me.

Good to know that how attractive the lead character is, factors into how you judge movies.

That's pretty ah...well, not really right? or logical? I don't have the word I'm looking for.

I mean is the fact that I find George Clooney attractive what made the movie good for me? Hell no, they could've replaced him with somebody else, and as long as they gave a good effort to play their role, that's what counts.

By the way, I respectfully disagree with your statement about the movie not being very "action packed".

The entire premise of the story involves a near-suicidal spacewalk/flight to escape a giant wall of space debris orbiting the earth at thousands of miles per hour, literally tearing apart anything that gets caught in it's path, and violently so.

(Tiangong station, the International Space Station, that Shuttle at the beginning, the astronauts who were around the shuttle at the beginning.)

But okay, not very action packed? well Dear lord, what did you want? Aliens?

Or no, let me guess, hot lesbian space sex, right?

Because sex is what makes movies good, I forgot.

Incidentally, I'd give the movie a 4 out of 5, if we're using that scale.
LolRawr, now the question that WILL make you look stupid. Why don't you COPY/PASTE me the part, where I say that Sanda's look had any influence on my opinion?

I dare you !
Posting your "score" after saying "She's hot I'd bang her", insinuates that the statement factors into your rating of the film.
Suddenly I agree with Justin's train of thought more. Guess I owe him a beer or something.

So in response, we snipped that part for a reason.
It's one of the few rare movies where 3D actually adds to the experience. And I'm the first person to call 3D movies gimmicky and awful.
Well, my dear friends, please bear this in mind that I don't give our this award very often. In the matter of fact, so far only very few chosen people have been awarded such title. So, wear it with pride and keep your train of thought rolling.

My sincere congratulations....

[Image: weqo.png]

Quote:Kazinsal
Kinda like Tedd.

Suddenly I agree with Justin's train of thought more. Guess I owe him a beer or something.

So in response, we snipped that part for a reason.
Admitting to this AFTER his explanation deserves a double award. Congrats, Kazin, you really surprised me today.

p.s. LolRawr, is it me, or whoever made your signature is trying to be like Makc_RU?
---------------------

I just heard your cracking all the way over here Smile I am done with you.
--------------------

p.p.s. Last edit, I promise. I don't want to come out as too aggressive, you just amaze me.
Love you too, Makc.

<3
I liked so much the movie.

It's different. It's just the story of a couple of astronauts in space, no epic pretentions (althought "epic" circumstances). Just simple but nice and emotional.

I put this movie in the bag where i added "Grand Torino" and "Good night and good luck" Where the movie talks about real life without the need of epic heroes or fantasy but offering a more than interesting story.

8/10 from me.