Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Activity tracker's reliability.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So.

I pretty much spent the entire day cycling my accounts. That included the bunch of shared accounts the KNF faction has.
Yeah i know....

So there.
Flew around; Did some missions; changed some gear here and there; Did some patrols in empty Kusari for the lulz. All fine.

Here we go. Tonight, i check KNF activity.

'Okay', i said to myself; 'I at least did ten hours on my own just by cycling accounts and flying around.'

Nope.
The activity tracker registered only around one hour for all the characters i flew around with.

Just do a search and highlight '15/10/2013' to see how many of them i logged and still counts as zero seconds of activity.

So ahem.
Would that be possible to check a bit that tracker thingy because y'know... It's kinda used on a regular basis to strip factions of their shiny toys.
Yeah....

Cheers.
The tracker updates at a certain time every day which was an hour ago irrc

But yea, it can be pretty unreliable. Times don't show up, ships still don't exist according to it, etc etc
Probably caused by the that time-devouring monster people call Rollback.
I had spend ~1 1/2 to 3 hours (I didn't check time tbh, but it was most certain more than 1 1/2h) on IMG|Zeppelin on Monday. While it shows the ship was logged at 14/10/2013 20:53:19 it still says 0:00:00 time on it. I could look up the DSAce.log when I get home, but I know I spend at least 1 1/2 hours on it, first flying from Java to Timor, then to Singapore to buy a new ship and equipment and then sitting in space figuring out how to best set up the lights, which took forever.

So yeah, the tracker seems to be not right sometimes. It has been inaccurate since ... ever ... I think ... though.
It can also happen that you get a ship with insane amounts of acitvity on it. I know of one case where I deleted a ship and the renamed a ship to the other ship's name. Suddenly I'd have several days of acitivty on it. The bug seems to come, most of the times, from renaming or deleting ships (and such actions).
No idea why the sometimes the acitivity isn't registered though, I thought it might just have been lost between Monday and Tuesday, but you obviously said you logged them yesterday...
Yeah CL} logged a number of hours yesterday on multiple ships, not what it says we've logged.

Re-tagging/making ships etc is probably part of it but that thing is less than reliable and seemingly has been for a long time now.
Due to the rollback, technically no activity had been logged for over 30 days since that was not enough to reach beyond the 10th of August. As you can see, some activity is still being logged.

I'd suggest that everyone cycles through all their ships (this was the advice in the case of activity wipe anyway) so that the tracker recognises them. Although it might not include that day's time, it definitely will after the next midnight GMT update, until you rename them or move account and have to be re-recognised.
Yeah his is annoying, I dunno if always like this and I never noticed, or only if it is acting up now. For example, I was on one of my ships LR-Benign.Crusader 2 days ago, yet no time logged, although it does have the date that I was ingame??? You can see that here. I've flying this ship now infact, will be interesting to see tomorrow if the time gets updated and by how much.
Honestly, I think we should stop worrying about the exact amount of time we've logged and focus more on whether that time was well spent. Just my two cents. Although I do wish the tracker would stop showing ships that have 0 flight time. It clogs things up.
I wish it would actually record my full time on the ships that I have been on. It's only done it for one ship so far.

Edit: post 300! SPARTA!
(10-20-2013, 07:33 PM)Aphil Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I think we should stop worrying about the exact amount of time we've logged and focus more on whether that time was well spent. Just my two cents. Although I do wish the tracker would stop showing ships that have 0 flight time. It clogs things up.

Yes very true, I do largely agree. But it's just that if indeed faulty then for factions which aren't above the monthly requirements by a significant amount could potentially be in trouble.

More so, it's unclear to the extent of the problem. If it's rare or occasional then sure not a big deal. But if 30, 40, 50% of the time logged doesn't show up, then even factions far above the requirements could appear to have dangerously low levels of time spent ingame.

So yes a few hours here and there doesn't worry me, it's just that I can't tell how big a problem this is. It is wise to fear the unknown.
Pages: 1 2