Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nomad Cloaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Discuss
No option for drain fuel (liquid cardamine) - no vote.
Makes sense to me, but imo, only officials.
(10-16-2013, 04:28 PM)Vrouw Wrote: [ -> ]Makes sense to me, but imo, only officials.

If only official factions were nonexistant we wouldnt be having this discussion Big Grin
Probally the main and only factor which would only bring up this question, is that who would abuse it. The official faction has regulations on how one may use the Cloak, whereas Indies do not.

Can we trust the indies to use it without abusing the fact they can remain invisible for as long as they want? Probably not, but holding this technology from those who it still 'makes sense' to have (Indies are Nomads. Nomads have cloaks) would just be a stupid move. Indies are more numerous than the K'hara.

Due to moralities, i'll have to say both sides, as I have not seen the abuse just yet, but of course, that is subject to change. But currently? I don't see anything wrong with both sides having it. Just don't let it become an issue.
(10-16-2013, 04:50 PM)Moveit56 Wrote: [ -> ]Probally the main and only factor which would only bring up this question, is that who would abuse it. The official faction has regulations on how one may use the Cloak, whereas Indies do not.

Can we trust the indies to use it without abusing the fact they can remain invisible for as long as they want? Probably not, but holding this technology from those who it still 'makes sense' to have (Indies are Nomads. Nomads have cloaks) would just be a stupid move. Indies are more numerous than the K'hara.

Due to moralities, i'll have to say both sides, as I have not seen the abuse just yet, but of course, that is subject to change. But currently? I don't see anything wrong with both sides having it. Just don't let it become an issue.

+1
how exactly do you abuse not being able to actually do anything besides type?
Keep in mind that I am speaking with the regulations for the K'Hara present in my own mind, I appologize for not being clear.

The main factor would be that we do not allow speaking while cloaked within the K'hara. Not that because we cannot in the lore, but that its seriously a irritating move to pull on players when all of a sudden, five Nomads are spamming messages, with none to be found. This 5 times out of 10, will most likely result in 'taunting' said visible person. In light of this, we keep this limited.
I like the instant hate for a no-fuel cloak already.

Tell me, have you ran into a K'Hara or nomad yet JD?

Also disregard that it takes somewhere around 3 times longer for the cloak to active than normal.

EDIT: Also lol, liquid cardamine. Only 2800 a unit np. That and only K'Hara can buy it.