Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gateway Shipping - Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: LOGO02.png]

♦ FEEDBACK ♦

♦ Faction Information: LINK

♦ Please let us know what you think below:
http://s391.photobucket.com/user/kikatsu...9.png.html

Contraband on Gateway ships is not so good...
I don't see how supplying the Bretonians on Leeds with ammunition is contraband in the eyes of other Bretonians?

Especially since the cargo is headed for a lawful legal destination and not a pirate base, hardly smuggling is it?

The ammo is sold on Detroit munitions another lawful source in Liberty!
Have to agree with Widow here.
Be good, though, to get a government contract through the brets and libertonians to haul it all legal like despite the name ?
(10-19-2013, 04:39 PM)Black Widow Wrote: [ -> ]The ammo is sold on Detroit munitions another lawful source in Liberty!

And Slaves are sold on Planet Pittsburgh, a DSE base. I suppose you'd be fine hauling those as well since you can get them from a lawful source?

If House law says it's contraband, you shouldn't be hauling it as a lawful company. Not unless you want to get into trouble with said House(s). Don't confuse in-game sourcing with in-game legality.
well since that is contraband in both Bretonia and Liberty(as far as I know), thats smuggling...
(10-19-2013, 06:02 PM)Slainte Wrote: [ -> ]Have to agree with Widow here.
Be good, though, to get a government contract through the brets and libertonians to haul it all legal like despite the name ?

Yes

(10-19-2013, 06:09 PM)GrnRaptor Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2013, 04:39 PM)Black Widow Wrote: [ -> ]The ammo is sold on Detroit munitions another lawful source in Liberty!

And Slaves are sold on Planet Pittsburgh, a DSE base. I suppose you'd be fine hauling those as well since you can get them from a lawful source?

If House law says it's contraband, you shouldn't be hauling it as a lawful company. Not unless you want to get into trouble with said House(s). Don't confuse in-game sourcing with in-game legality.

Its not really smuggling if its Munitions your carrying, for if you read here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=19206 you will see that Bretonian Corporations including Gateway have a license to haul Restricted Goods through Bretonia this includes Munitions. Thus, Black Market Munitions fall under the same category!

(10-19-2013, 07:11 PM)belarusich Wrote: [ -> ]well since that is contraband in both Bretonia and Liberty(as far as I know), thats smuggling...

As, Above.
Munitions are not the same type as Black Market Munitions. There is a reason the names are separated much like how passengers are not the same as slaves or prisoners. You might be ok transporting prisoners for a house but that doesn't make it acceptable to transport slaves.
(10-20-2013, 05:09 AM)Black Widow Wrote: [ -> ]Its not really smuggling if its Munitions your carrying, for if you read here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=19206 you will see that Bretonian Corporations including Gateway have a license to haul Restricted Goods through Bretonia this includes Munitions. Thus, Black Market Munitions fall under the same category!

Nope. Check it:

Bret Law Source

Bretonian Charter of Interstellar Law Wrote:3.2 - Goods Classified as Fully Restricted Contraband
•Artifacts
Black Market Munitions
•Cardamine
•Counterfeit Software
•Gallic Artifacts
•Hypnotainment Bands
•Liquid Cardamine
•Nox
•Slaves

Lib Law Source

The Laws of Liberty Wrote:I. Contraband possession and restricted commodities.

It is illegal to have any amount of these goods on your person at any time:

• Artifacts
Black Market Munitions
• Cardamine
• Counterfeit Software
• Gallic Gate/Lane Parts
• Human Organs
• Hypnotainment Bands
• Liquid Cardamine
• Nomad Remains and other materials
• Nox
• Nuclear Devices
• Slaves
• Sorted Artifacts
• Stabiline
• Synthetic Marijuana

Get it? Munitions are not Black Market Munitions. They're labeled with the "Black Market" preface because they're illegal, and there's a reason there's a difference between them and regular Munitions. Bretonia requires a license for regular Munitions, true, but both Houses clearly say that Black Market Munitions are illegal for everyone.
In regards to the thread i made:

(12-12-2009, 06:49 PM)Kanzler Rheinhardt Wrote: [ -> ]§2. The following activities are defined as unlawful in Rheinland Space:

§2.1. Contraband possession: Shipping of the following list of goods in Rheinland is illegal (note the exceptions below):

Quote:Artifacts;

Black Market Munitions;

Blood Diamonds;

Cardamine;

Counterfeit Software;

Gaian Wildlife;

Slaves;

Synthetic Marijuana;

Human Organs;

Nomad Materials.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5