Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Spam Bots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I thought something was done about these annoying b*****ds. I mean Igiss, maybe you should make sure that ppl need to register to post. So that way you can ban those spam bots that come by. Even though that is only solves part of the problem, at least it solves something. Because I am sick of seeing these retards come on and ruin the forums. :nono:
Yeah I agree.
Good call Met ... Very few people use the flood to post when they are not members,
this would seem to be the only way to stop them ... Until the technology allows them
to register first ... Thats scary ....

Hoodlum :)
Another Spambot has Struck please don't post or click the links in its flood thread.
Meh i wanna throw a brick at whoever made these spam bots... :crazy:
Yeah these things are starting to really get on my nerves we to do something to stop these stupid p***ks from posting crap on the forums.
We get occassional spam bots on my other forums (SFIGaming.net) but not this bad. The spambots might be checking specific ISPs for Invision forums or for specific versions. Not sure.

Making the forms registered-only kinda sounds good, but it also discourages new visitors too.
gezza999,May 25 2006, 05:00 PM Wrote:Meh i wanna throw a brick at whoever made these spam bots...  :crazy:
[snapback]21381[/snapback]

A brick?... nah, an ICBM might convince them to stop but I doubt it...

we need to do something to stop these pesky things from posting, maybe ban the IP they posted from...
lol, 2 much collateral damage from an ICBM...
Im pretty sure a brick in the face would kill you... :P
Pages: 1 2 3