Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need some feedback before i start this thing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, first thing first. I don't know the whole player base and that's why i need to know what others think about what i want to start. My new char gonna be a Shaolin monk like person with good intents and he's up to help on those who need it. But here comes the part what can be maybe riski, the religion. He is a deeply religious person, a Taoist monk, and that's why i'm a bit curious, because his religion is based partially on a real religion. I combine some parts from the Jedi codex and Taoism to create a peacefull RP enviroment for my new char. So, using real religion in-game...but only just some parts can cause some trouble or it's not gonna be a problem, that's the big question for me. Because right now i'm a bit tired to shoot and fight day'n'night. I think that's all, now time to sleep, have nice day/night whatever else everyone. Smile
Plenty of people do religion in gme, like the church of Jiob. its not a problem as long as you're ensible and dont break the rules/ID because of it. In fact you'll find most people dont care about your characters religion.
While I dont touch subject of religion of my own chars (propably all atheist anyway), I dont mind someone else RP'ing such. TAZ is based on real life religion if you did not knew, it is called Discordianism.
There are no specific rules against RPing a religious character, as long as it doesn't verge into 1.1 territory. Up to you on how you reflect it in-game other than that, might be interesting.
Many many thanks to you guys, i was really worried a bit, becaus back in the days when i played as Ahmed Jusuf (he was a rogue) i called a guy infidel, and he tought i have OORP problems with him so i spen the next half hour to explain him that i only talked to his character and not to him as a player.
That should be really interesting. I hope you do it and I get the chance to interact with you. Some intriguing RP might come out of this!
Well for me, yeah it was interesting, even if it maybe sounds a bit strange but trying to talk nicely to everyone can be really relaxing (?) or toconvince even the most bloodthirsty pirate to let his hostages to live is a whole new thing to me, i've played in the Order maybe too long and now it was a bit boring in the omicrons because of my timezone. Right now i work on the back story, a codex or something like that. But i had to rewrite it, so now it's not Tao, it's Madalian and there are other changes too.