Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Skype Freeport bar Role Play chat.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I may be interested, depending on what freeport this is on.
well, given the amount of LN players wanting in on this, AND given that it will be on a freeport, does anyone have anything against doing this at the newly aquired LN Freeport 4?

This would give ample connection to Bretonian, Liberty, Freelance, Gallic (Secretly) and other such factions.

there WILL of course be a few IN RP Rules such as Placing your guns in a gun locker when you enter the bar and drink limits (Though a nice bribe or 5 to the bartender may just get you past that limit. Wink

I for one have been for the past year or so, RPing a LR Bartender char of sorts and would have no issue RPing a regular Bartender in this chat as well.

This would also be a good place for secret meeting that could or could not be overheard, (With involved players permission of course) as well as possible bar fights and lovers rendezvous.
Count me in !

Only concern is... I'd imagine it would be a gigantic mess.. with everyone talking to everyone and all.
What I mean is say I want to to talk to a single person...
But theres 3 other people talking aswell, that's easily 5-6 unread messages right there. and 5-6 annoying skype sounds.

So advising the mute notifications could go a long way Tongue
Being an LN base now, I think it may have problems due to my characters not all being lawful goodie goodies.

But that's just me.
It's still open for options as to where the base is and such.

as for the crazy amounts of chats, yes, that will be an issue, so possibly if you wish to have a quiet chat with someone, then you could "Take it to another room" or some such action. I think we could have one main chat as well as 2 - 3 seperate chats that would be like the pool hall, a romantic restraunt and a viewing deck, depending on how things go, we could even stretch the chats to encompase areas such as docks and different floors and as always, if you want a room for two, then simply make your own chat. (Same goes for secret conversations in coridoors and other areas.
It's likely that I for one, won't be bringing any of my Navy characters into the place, or if I do, they won't be my well known or influential ones. (Or if I do bring say, "Rachel Baker" there, she wouldn't be in uniform or anything that would make her readily identifiable)

You shouldn't let the fact that LN players are interested in this turn it into an LN thing, many of us have other characters we like to use too.

And that doesn't just apply to LN members I guess, it could apply to anyone who finds themselves regularly tied to one particular faction, maybe they want to use your RP setting as a chance to get away from their 'norms'.

Just something to think on Tongue
Alright, then there's always the other freeports. Smile Which freeports would you all as a whole like to see this setting take place at? i'm anting to try and keep it in a centralised location in the map of sirius... Barrier Gate is a freeport is it not, are there any objections to this Station?
Planet Curacao in Cortez is a decent option, though it would be more difficult for unlawfuls to get on the planet, it wouldn't be too difficult to have your character bribe their way onto the planet. Barrier Gate is another good choice since it is technically neutral, but some of the factions getting there would sound fishy at best.
I like the idea of it being at Barrier Gate. LN could go during off hours, open to really anyone. Not far from the conflict zones and such.
Barrier gate is great, there's a lot of potential and you can use almost any character.
Pages: 1 2 3