Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: G'Day and hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As one might guess from the title of the thread this sub-thread is being posted in, I'm new to the community and to RPing in Freelancer: Discovery.

My name is Chris (alias Imperator on the forums), a 23 year old university student by day and, when not busy with assessment and real life, a gamer at night. I've been playing Freelancer on and off over the past few years and, even for a game that is, give or take, 10 years old, it is still visually impressive and a load of fun.

I discovered Discovery a couple of yeas ago (back in its v4.85 days) and always wanted to give the multiplayer element a shot, but I had never really considered RPing in it professionally until now.

As for how I plan to start out, well my first character I plan to make is a Bretonian who has had a history working as a smelter before the latest Gallian incursion and is motivated to join the BAF. Expect a character biography in the near future, but as nothing is laid in stone yet (I'm not sure whether BAF recruiting is open to anyone or it requires someone to have alrady become involved on the server for some time), I'll be initially operating as a civilian before potentially signing up.

Anyways, time to get to it and thanks for allowing me to join!
[Image: welcome_to_the_club.jpg]