Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Sarcasm] My rant about GRN|. (not angry!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So, today for the first time in a long while I've met a group of GRN people. I guess they wanted to be perceived as a "stand alone", "autonomic", "we-are-the-boiz-from-the-side" group. As soon as we, The Punishers, showed up they were like: "It's cool boys, we got it..."

At this point I was WTF? I am not mad or anything, but considering The Punishers have started the Gallic movement again and the "Stand-Alone-Cool-Looking-Group" of pilots were like: "Its aight, boyz, we got..."

So, were like: "Fine, coolio, let them have their fun, we will observe." Oh, didn't i mention we did not get any friendly hello or little bs chi-chat from them? Ah, well, its fine, really, not a problem.

So, we protected them from the KE cruiser, per their request. Not a problem, it was our pleasure.

What really got me thinking is that as soon as Liberty Navy, BAF, CRs started to gather their Gank Fleet, our GRN people were like: "Well, the skirmish is over...tata for now." Guess what they did? The mighty GRN group just logged off, leaving only us against the Gank Fleet invading Leeds.

There were about 5+ snubs and our GRN were like: "The skirmish is over..." To say that our group was surprised, is not to say anything at all.

We lost 2 of our BSs, but the Gank Fleet was destroyed. Well, not destroyed per se, but we took out a big chunk of the Gank Fleet.

And we had our SCRA present...The dog with a fifth leg. "Our logic suggest we shoot the stronger side." They remind me of a lost puppy or the group of pilots, who are lost in space and nobody needs them.

I doubt Punishers will be having too much interaction with GRN after what they showed us today.

[The End]
they was piloting mostly VHFs, do you think they would kill capforce?
Wait, so are you seriously upset that the SCRA shot at you even though we gave you an opportunity to roleplay with us so that we'd shoot Liberty instead of you? An opportunity which you didn't advantage of?

Wow. I don't usually say this, but seriously, the hell? It's just a game, quit your complaining, especially about stuff that was in your power to prevent.
Well, there's stuff I could say in response to this, but first:

(11-02-2013, 09:44 PM)Makc_RU Wrote: [ -> ][Sarcasm]

Is your post actually meant to be sarcastic, or what's the deal with that tag in the title? I'm genuinely confused.

I suspect you've just misused the word "sarcasm", but on the off-chance that this is actually a big laugh of a post or something I feel I should ask before I actually think about posting a proper reply.
The slaughter of civilians probably doesn't help the Punishers' case.
Every house in Disco has General chat. It might be pretty spamy, but serves well for exchanging info in that house. It is usually used by companies, navy, police, non-official factions, even some indies...

Lacking this chat in Gallia leads to experience you described here. And more will happen, I'm sure, until General chat starts to work.
Quote:they was piloting entirely VHFs, do you think they would kill capforce?
This is a fine example, why sarcasm should not be attempted by amateurs.
To: Omicega

Oh, i was told that my rant can be taken as an angry post, so I changed the topic to make sure that it is clear that this is not an angry post, but a sarcastic kind of rant. So, don't be all getting mad at me Smile
I was on my Punisher and I have to say: Yes, there is some truth to how this interaction went bad.

When we entered MG together, everybody thought: "Wow. First time we have a great strike force. We will actually stand a chance. How cool is this."

High expectations.
Then suddenly, the GRN| left, and 4 Punishers found ourselves against a lot of people near Freeport 4.
This was the "WTF?" moment, when the GRN| ships (7 or so) disappeared.

I /fm-ed them twice. No answer.

Later I found out from a GRN| player on TS, that this was a pre-arranged pew in Cortez.
No problem.
But: Do tell us please!

And if half of what is true in the OP, I would also ask for a little more cooperation from your side.
We all know that rping the Gallic invaders is not easy. And we know how it ends most of the time.
Therefore one thing is imperative:

The different GRN players and groups have to play together!

Come on. Swallow your pride, everybody. And play together. No one might love Gallia, but someone has to play it nonetheless. Having a chance in fights is what keeps it interesting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6