Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Reusing Phantom Assets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lets just get this out of the way.

This is not a thread asking for the revival of the Phantoms.

There we go.

My question is this, can the assets currently locked away behind the Phantom's faction be used for a new open ID faction?

In a nutshell I have an idea for a faction that opposes the Zoners, one that views them as suspicious and untrustworthy for abandoning the Houses. They see their exploration ships as a disguise to build an armada and their freeports as listening stations perfectly placed to gather information.

Basically I'd like to supplant the Phantom's base for future use of this faction and eventually their ship slots. Though I think the LF may need to become a bomber and the cruiser to a battletransport but thats a long way away.

Opinions are welcome but the voices of the devs will be the loudest.
I would have to say it would be nice to see the zoners with a counter faction aside from the odd nomad here and there i dont actually recall seeing lately any confrontation on the zoners part, now i know they are "peaceful" and avoid violence etc, which brings me to my main point, it would be nice to see a faction opposing the zoners so we can actually see the monstrous ships of theirs in battle (yes im again aware of nomads but they dont really count in my opinion as their main ships are restricted to official faction which is not overly active) and also how neat would it be if this new idea faction discovered that infact the zoners were a long thought lost people whom are not as they seem and as this idea suggests were really just hiding in plain view waiting for the right moment to strike. All in all i like so far this idea and would like to hear more detail if its a possibility it could happen.
That is a good idea strongly, because everyone has enemies, Zoner are no exception. It would also give missions against someone that you can get rep for Zoners. Regardless of the /restart function, it would be ideal for those wanting to be zoner and not use that function or bribing and losing all their credits they earned.

The ships are a different story. The cruiser needs to be replaced, period. Why you ask? Its a import. It'd s Romulan Scimitar, which is in STO and featured in Star Trek: Nemesis. Other than that, some new ships could work out.
No, just delete them.
(11-06-2013, 02:07 PM)aakopa Wrote: [ -> ]No, just delete them.

I think the default answer to this is "No, it would inconvenience people" to simplify it.
I'd vote yes, and would happily join the boat along 90% of Disco.
From what Aet and Echo have said, almost anything currently in the mod can't be deleted. It can be replaced, reused or blocked off but not deleted. Personally I'd prefer to reuse or replace.
Screw the phantom stuff if they will say no-and they will-just grab civ ships with proper ID and let's KRIEG da zoners.
I don't need phantom stuff to gun down zoners.
)))
I'd really like it if people actually read the main post.

I'm not asking to use the phantom stuff, I'm asking if there is a possibility of it being replaced.
Pages: 1 2 3