Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Update 4 Character Select Crash .-.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

Ever since receiving a mysterious "do you wanna update Discovery?" window after running Disco (this apparently was "upgrade 4") , I have experienced several problems.

Right after I finished the update and restarted the game, I noticed my resolution was not its usual 16:9, the words were extremely large and filled most of the screen.

I jumped into the server, pressed my first character, and after a brief Loading screen, the game crashed (seemed to minimize to a small window, then just froze, and crashed).

Things I've tried:
- Disabling Antivirus
- Deleting Savegame
- Changing Resolution (removing -dx from shortcut target)
- Reinstalling Disco 4.87 (couldn't connect to server b/c 48.71, but did the same update and found myself in same problem)
- Launching in compatiblity mode..etc.

I have Win 8.1

I am requesting your troubleshooting expertise on this one please. Thank you all!
Your antivirus software (even if it is "disabled") is removing DSAce.dll when you install Discovery because it falsely believes it is malware. This is due to the nature of the DLL.

What antivirus software are you using?
(11-09-2013, 01:59 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]Your antivirus software (even if it is "disabled") is removing DSAce.dll when you install Discovery because it falsely believes it is malware. This is due to the nature of the DLL.

What antivirus software are you using?

McAfee Security Center, strange it shows no popups or notifications of any kind. I cannot find that .dll file. ^_^ You are probably right!
You were spot on!! Thanks so much. Now I need to figure out how to make McAfee "trust" this file without turning off my scanner every time I wanna play.'

Thank you!
We've sent a false-positive report into McAfee about it -- we'll be doing the same with other affected antiviruses. Hopefully we won't repeat this issue in Update 5...
hello all I ran into this problem aswell but managed to come up with a cure

I use panda internet security and it kept deleting the DSAce.dll or what ever its called, so I got my system to exclude the whole discovery directory since my system just didn't want to exclude the single file, the results are the same however, I got it up and running,

so any Panda Internet security users , go to your anti virus settings and get it to exclude the freelancer discovery Directory only

hope this helps anybody Smile
Adding Panda to the list of ones that don't like DSAce, thank you!
AVG has the same issue - I fiddled around with the exemptions and am now unable to log into the server at all as it says I am banned.
(11-09-2013, 10:24 AM)Vipera Berus Wrote: [ -> ]AVG has the same issue - I fiddled around with the exemptions and am now unable to log into the server at all as it says I am banned.

Try posting this in the Banned thread under Support.
Hope you can get your account back quickly!
(11-09-2013, 09:25 PM)Zyphren Wrote: [ -> ]Try posting this in the Banned thread under Support.
Hope you can get your account back quickly!

I have - it got unbanned and now has been rebanned depite the fact I literally cant get as far as even seeing the ship on a station.
Pages: 1 2