Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gunboat turret range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just a question, will battleships and cruisers get buff? Because currently it is this way:

Gunboat Turret range - 2100
Cruiser Cerberus range - 2000
Cruiser Primary Turret range - 1500
Battleship Secondary Turret range - 2000

Imo something is definately wrong here, hopefully it's not only my opinion...

Also, there is question about turret zooming on capital ships...
No, it's just gunboat getting some new purposes.
Now they're able to damage bigger caps without doing something suicidal.
I'd say they can damage caps without doing pretty much anything, since hit range starts from 1k on the ships of such size.
(11-09-2013, 09:53 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say they can damage caps without doing pretty much anything, since hit range starts from 1k on the ships of such size.

yep..from over 700m without getting a scratch; this is preety obvious but i dare to hope/believe that some adjustments on higher cap weapons are intended...be cause if not GBs will be the only ship one should have...all other classes are way inferior now; before, gb wep were really useless but now this....; let's wait and see.
(11-09-2013, 09:35 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]Also, there is question about turret zooming on capital ships...

Fixing this sentence, the question is about TZ on Liberty Siege Cruiser. It just doesn't work...
(11-09-2013, 09:35 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]Just a question, will battleships and cruisers get buff? Because currently it is this way:

Gunboat Turret range - 2100
Cruiser Cerberus range - 2000
Cruiser Primary Turret range - 1500
Battleship Secondary Turret range - 2000

Imo something is definately wrong here, hopefully it's not only my opinion...

Also, there is question about turret zooming on capital ships...

I agree with Timmy...This is not good
.Don't get me wrong I like GBs verry much but.
..they should easy kill smaller ships and transports..
...you are trying to make every ship all purpose ship...that is not good...
....GB weapons needed repair...just not like that not soo much...

Sugestion:
Fighter weapons max range 700m
Transport weapons max range 1000m
GB weapons max range 1500m
Cruiser-BC weapons max range 2500m
BS weapons max range 4000m

Also faster the projectile less range it should have..
More demage that the projectil have slower it should be...

Regards
I guess you are joking or something went wrong with the update.
If this are indeed the ranges it means that 3 heavy GBs can do more damage then 3 heavy bombers to caps while getting no damage from them and while able to defend themselves vs snubs. This is insane, I am already fed enough from 4.86 bottlenoses where 2 were able to kill any battleship without taking damage.
They're on track to what I said, but to balanced it properly you would need to literally redesign the whole gunboat class.
A fast gunboat, such as a bottlenose, is too agile to have something like this on it as it can just dodge cap fire forever.
Right now all gunboats can dodge cap fire and shoot back forewer. If with cruisers it's somehow a matter of attention, for BSs there is no real hope to win even a duel with gunboat.
GBs are easy to fix:
1: remove the GB primaries on all factions and basics

2:The current Solaris are almost balanced, they could get 5-10% more DPS however in exchange for a bit smaller range.

3:Give 1500 range to the cerbs, make them really energy hungry so they are half decent vs caps and for sniping at slow speed but inefficient DPE wise.

4: Use GB forward cannon hp mount for GB heavy guns- 1 per medium GB, 0 per Gunship 2 per heavy GB. Buff the current Pulse Cannon and the Current GB razor and GB heavy EMP missle ( the one from 4.86 but with 70 ammo, no energy) so they can act as heavy GB cannons that can poses some danger for caps, note that the gunships like bottlenose gets no slot for such.
Pages: 1 2 3