Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Osprey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess this ship is now SVHF.
What is the ship power core now?
I see that it have 260 cargo space and 270 nano/shildb.
It also can mount class 6 freighter shild.
Do this ship also have some mining bonus?
Ah I forgot what is base armor now?

Regards

Ps:The old one looks better.

I0I I saw some new Corsair cannon for fighters...
Infocard says, base armor is 10k...
I guess this ship is now SVHF.
looks like it
36000/1650
yes
yes
no why should it have, it is a zoner ship. non zoners are not really supposed to fly it.

as for the looks. matter of taste and other reasons. if you don t like it, don t fly it - plenty other ships to fly. blodo was unhappy with the old ones shape which made it hard to balance, so it had to become fatter.

so yes:

max armor of the ship is: something around 111.7k or so
you can mount and fire any heavy bomber weapon
you can mount a 29k shield
you will still be a huge target and be shot down by anything cause you are nothing but a fat cow in space.
(11-09-2013, 01:23 PM)Jinx Wrote: [ -> ]I guess this ship is now SVHF.
looks like it
36000/1650
yes
yes
no why should it have, it is a zoner ship. non zoners are not really supposed to fly it.

as for the looks. matter of taste and other reasons. if you don t like it, don t fly it - plenty other ships to fly. blodo was unhappy with the old ones shape which made it hard to balance, so it had to become fatter.

so yes:

max armor of the ship is: something around 111.7k or so
you can mount and fire any heavy bomber weapon
you can mount a 29k shield
you will still be a huge target and be shot down by anything cause you are nothing but a fat cow in space.

Thank you
I like your respond..Wink
Some admins and devs could learn from you..

Ps:Mining bonus for deterium perhaps?
You forgot to comment the new Corsair weapon. Why?
Sooo....what do we use it for then? What with zoners being the only ones to fly it. Can we get something to shoot with them?
I have mixed feelings Jinx.

On one hand, I like it a whole heck of a lot better than the Osprey we had before, that thing was fugly. And I like that it's a SHF now.

On the other hand, I don't really like that it resembles that star conflict ship so much, and I think the body and wings are out of proportion. Smaller body, bigger wings plz.
Oh great, a ship that's a third of the size of a Spatial, has a greater core, and can mount a cap 7.

What great balance we have.
Seems to be a bit bigger than the Werewolf and a bit less agile. It can mount a SNAC though, which the Werewolf can't (and doesn't need, since that ship can have an anti-shield gun), also got a bigger core energy storage, while not having more recharge and it can use 8 guns (2 Class 8, 3 Class 9, 1 Class 9 / missile slot). Werewolf has 6 (Class 9) guns and no missile.
It has significantly more armor (5'400 armor more and 130 Bots (130 * 600 = 78'000); overall 83'400 armor) than the Werewolf.

Overall it is much better comparable to the Mjolnir, which is both about the same size (Mjolnir is a bit smaller), has somewhat similar armor and the same agility. The Mjolnir has only 6 guns facing forward (2 turrets fire only if you fire in a certain angle, unless something was changed?) and can't mount a SNAC. It makes up for that with higher speed and 2 MR slots though. Big difference here is the cargo hold; the Mjolnir only has 150 units and the Osprey has 260 units, meaning that latter one can mount CAU 7s while the former one may at max only use AU8 (HAU3 could also barely fit if there's nothing else taking up cargo space on the ship). A difference of 1.3x the hullpoints + hullpoints from bots, which means the Mjolnir has 445'750 hullpoints with AU8 vs the Osprey having 727'320 hullpoints. A difference of 281'570 hullpoints or 63.17% (OspreyHP/MjolnirHP) / 1.63 times the hull of a Mjolnir with the best mountable armor upgrade.

The other comparable SHF is rather the Recycler, when looking at that. The Recycler has a noticably larger front profile while being a bit shorter. Overall size is bigger than the Osprey, but not by an extreme amount. I sadly can't say much about the Recycler on the other hand, gameplay wise. I never flew it for more than a few minutes, testing it in SP and finding it to be a massive, useless monster. Statswise it's less agile though, has less armor, but uses the same core as the Osprey. It also appears that it has no SNAC, but two MR slots, and only 7 guns (one of which can be a missile; don't know the angles for them). It can also mount a CAU 7 with it's 280 units of cargo space, with that it ends up having 686'280 hullpoints (CAU7). Less than the Osprey.

I won't even talk much about the Spatial, because that's an monstrous SHF which is at least the size of a gunboat, if not bigger...has to rely on AU8 only, has a SNAC, has more bots, more armor, but due to not having a big CAU like the other two it is more along the Mjolnir's armor range. Same agility like an Osprey or Mjolnir. Can use two mines though. And afaik it has 8 or 9 guns. Overall, seriously, it is absolutly oversized no matter what. It's about 3 to 4 times the size of an Osprey/Mjolnir/Recycler, even some of the medium GBs are smaller than the Spatial. I could understand if that thing could mount a CAU7, but neither the Recycler nor the Osprey don't seem like they should get such a massive extra perk. Arrastra and Plier having that much cargospace is also a bit questionable, but they are both a bit different overall.

So heh...the difference between a CAU 7 and an AU 8 is actually quite massive. The Osprey is sized decently for a SHF, a bit bigger than expected even, but it makes up for that with very good overall "stats", like gun count and such. Will it do good in combat? That's a different question, a question which can just as well be asked for the Mjolnir or Recycler as well and the question will also be interesting for the Arrastra and Plier now, considering that they become much more sturdy. Previously the Arrastra didn't do too well in combat, at least by far not as good as the Mafic did. (But there's no need to ask whether the Spatial does good in a fight...a "NO" will be the obvious answer there.)

Do I like how it looks? Not really. Old one hasn't too much to my personal liking either, but I guess everyone got his own taste, especially since I just don't like the look - I'm not saying it looks horrible or that the model is horrible or anything. I think it's modeled quite nicely.
(11-10-2013, 01:46 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]Oh great, a ship that's a third of the size of a Spatial, has a greater core, and can mount a cap 7.

What great balance we have.

It also has less guns, less mines, and instead of being civ, it's zoner tech.

And like anyone is going to put a CAU 7 on it...
With that size, it's still a SNAC magnet, and thus cap armor won't make a difference.
Pages: 1 2