Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin notice: Member banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The member Bulldognk has been banned.

Reasons:

Misbehaviour on the forums.
Your lasts posts on the forum did the trick. I don't care about some on the Admin team protecting you. I've banned people for far less than that, and I will certainly not allow that kind of behaviour here, after I REPEATEDLY told you to bloody behave, for almost two years now.

So, unless I'm vetoed by absolute majority + Igiss on the admin team, your ban is forever now.

Goodbye.:rtfm:
' Wrote:It was a joke...I have to say...Korrd, you seem to be the only one to have taken offense. I know I can't change a thing. No admin or anything, but man....you've gone personal on this in my opinion. Sorry I don't think its got a base to stand on. I laughed so did a fellow Member that saw it at my house on MY PC. grow up man. Admins are supposed to lead by example. You tryin to set a bad one for the new admins? Now they gonna get revenge on old duels? I hope not. Sorry, most of your calls I agree with. This one, well blown outta proportion to me.

It was a joke between Ron and I, it was not rude and it was in flood, Korrd has a personal issue with me and thats fine and dandy, but ban me for real reasons not for having a laugh with other members, this place really needs to get back to the laughs it used to have.

Cheers
Tony you were banned for an awful lot more than just that thread. That thread was the icing on the cake. Three of your posts in that thread we're edited and when asked to keep it clean you responded with a distinct lack of respect towards Kuraine. Joke or not, what you posted was offensive and downright rude. It wasn't only Korrd who suggested this, in light of other offenses in the past it was a decision taken by a large portion of the Admin team. Folks have been banned for an awful lot less than what you have done leading up to that thread. Your luck just ran out.
First of all, I would like to explain to all who read this that I was a direct wittiness to this event that resulted in the ban of BulldogNK in forums..

During the repeated posts, two words were posted in replies by BulldogNK that technically were against forum rules. No other posts in that thread had any offensive words. For reference, the forum rules follows when a person signs up to DiscoveryGC forums and had to be agreed before an account is approved:

Discovery Gaming Community Terms & Rules

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Posting spam and commercial advertizing is not allowed on this board.

Discovery Gaming Community Guidelines
You must verify your e-mail within 1 day from the moment of registration. All verified accounts are validated manually by forum administrators to prevent spam. This might take 1-3 days to complete. Please be patient. If your account has not been validated in 3-4 days since your registration, send e-mail to discoverygc@gmail.com with "Validation" word included into the e-mail subject.

Please use forum search before posting new threads. Before asking a question, make sure that it has not already been answered. If you appeal for a ban or another server sanction, follow appeal guidelines closely. Make sure that you know the forum rules before posting anything on this board; complete rules are available in this thread.

Use Flood forum to post any irrelevant and offtopic threads. Do not post anything offtopic in other forums.

Your forum signature must not exceed 250 pixels in height total, regardless if it's text or picture(s).
I have read, understood and agree to these rules and conditions

The first post that was in violation referred to a terminology that is deemed sexually orientated. The following link is a definition of the word used in the 1st post deemed inappropriate: (WARNING! Those who are under legal age or are threatened by sexually orientated words should not click the following link) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimp_%28sadomasochism%29

The second post that was in violation referred to a device that is deemed sexually orientated. The following link is a definition of the word used in the 2nd post deemed inappropriate: (WARNING! Those who are under leagal age or are threatened by sexually orientated words should not click the following link) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibrator_%28sex_toy%29

While indeed these words used are offensive to some, compared to several posts submitted in these forums, these words in question should not be deemed more offensive than the other posts submitted in Discovery forums that goes unpunished.

Granted, BulldogNK has had a bit of a history pushing the limits in forum posting, Is what he did any worse than others who post here?

A good example of a forum violation is a post made on another thread the same day that this incident took place. Links to thread and names will not be mentioned...

Quote: XXXXXXXX, **** you. I'd blow a ****ing hole in that smug little head of yours if I could you prick.

While this post does not state vulgar words, (**'s used to censor), it clearly states a physical threat to another member. Did this post really mean that one member wanted to intentionally harm another member? Probably not. It could have been only a simple joke, however, there is no physical proof in either case to prove that. The thread decribed was given a warning by an Admin.

Several threads and replies in the Discovery forums have many derogatory and obscene words posted that go unchecked. While these words are possibly accepted by the majority of the community, a minority of members could be offended. I performed some forum searches using keywords that would be deemed obscene according to forum guidelines. I will not post these keywords in this thread. If Administrators or Moderators wish to know these words for reference, I will submit these words via PM:

Obscene word #1: Result: 106 threads with obscene word listed.

Obscene word #2: Result 4 threads, (this word is offensive to many)

Obscene word #3: Result over 600 threads with obscene word listed.

I am not here to say that what BulldogNK did was right, or that it should not go unpunished in some manner, that is up to the administrators and moderators. I do feel that a permanent member ban is a bit of an extreme punishment for the posts in that thread. Again I will state that I was a direct wittiness to the original, unedited posts in that topic.
My opinion is that if we go to punishments such as a permanent ban for a forum violation such as this, than I, and I do believe many others in this community shall expect the same discipline and level of severity to all future violators of forum policy..
I should have banned you the moment we dishonourably discharged you from the Admin team. But Igiss stopped me, in order to avoid a flame war.

Well, now that this has gone far enough, and I think you have to go with it too.

For some reason I yet fail to understand, Igiss gave you the chance to step down without making a fuss of it, without being publicly discharged after all the crap you did. But you keep trying to 'piss on the wind'.
Too bad that the threads that got your suspension a month ago or so was deleted. Otherwise, I would also have it on the evidence folder. But it was bedtime on my side of the world, so I could not save it to disk.

Well, that ends now. I won't allow any more crap for it. Many people have been banned for way far less of what you have done.

The charges list:
  • Disrespecting other players.
  • Insulting.
  • Threatening other players.
    Specially while in game. An admin must treat other player with respect, no matter if you are angry from RL or not. You don't offload tensions here. I told you that like 4 times, yet you still continued to do it.
    And there are plenty of skype logs, PM's, and even threads where you insult people outthere.
    I undid some sanctions, and warned you about that, and gave you another chance, for you were doing a good job on the server. Still you took it personal, and I.. we, had to take a lot of crap coming for you, for you wont apologize for your mistakes.
    If one of us makes a mistake, said one MUST apologize for it. Otherwise, the team would tend to become like those corrupt teams, that cares not for their players. Those communities tend to die quickly. And we don't want that happening here.

• PvP Whoring.
    The RM-TBH event you blocked after having been told NOT TO INTERFERE by the entire team. I remember that one well. Your base for that was that the TBH was attacking the NPG space. I talked about this with Michal and you. He said that would happen no more, and you didn't listen, and formed a fleet to kill eveybody who tried to enter or side with TBH on Rheinland from sigma 13, as many times as needed (not only almost violating the multi-kill rule, but also almost ruining an RP event carefully staged between RM and TBH). I had to kick you out of the system, twice, for you wont listen to me, along with the entire nPG fleet and associates.
    After that you whined like a kid, and went on threatening with leaving the community.. only to go back a day later, as usual.
    I was not happy about it, but we gave you another chance. You should thank Hoodlum for convincing me not to kick you out.
    After that, reports began comming about threatening those who didn't side with you with the nPG going hostile...

• Giving Admin powers to a shared NovaPG account.
    Admin powers are for the Admins only, not for those you want to have them. Giving Superadmin hook rights to the shared account of a faction is certainly not allowed.

• Planting evidence to incriminate players he had personal issues with.

• Power abuse.
    Read all above.

• Drunkness while working with the server, which lead to a playerDB screw-up reversal.
    You even insulted everyone on skype when I got you out of the server. And I still have those logs with me. It took me like 4 hours to restore the playerDB to normal, for you even screwed up the backups too. Fortunately, I had a backup file on my external HDD to work from the day before. Otherwise, a wipe might have been needed, for you merged two old backups with the then current playerDB creating a 15.000 characters size DB.

• Adding cash with .addcash to members of the novaPG. Aka: a faction being founded by an admin, which is unacceptable.
    Which I didn't believe at first, until I made the numbers. We certainly do not give cash to factions.
    You can create a standalone char with some addcash.. but you can't fund a bloody faction out of it!!!!1
Now, you think that I have a personal problem with you? Thats 10^10^100% right. And that list contains all the reasons for it. Plus all the warnings I gave you, while you were an Admin, to bloody behave like one, and not like a whiny child.
I cant allow someone with such a storyto still be around. It would be unfair for those who have been banned for far less than that.

Hence, I'm banning you out of this community. Forever.
May you find a place somewhere else, where I guess you won't make all the mistakes you made here.

Farewell. :rtfm:
In rebuttal of your post Korrd, There are many accusations and statements that may indeed grant legitimate reason for a member ban.
However, all the statements listed above account for previous actions that resulted in a ban or a leave of absence of BulldogNK for a set amount of time. (I will not take any sides on that issue, I have no evidence to support either side, nor will I take either side in those issues.)

Based on Bulldog's actions in this community since his return, I ask you, has he done an extreme amount of actions that would result in a ban such as this?

Based on my last post in this thread, I feel that this is all the testimony and information that I can give in an unbiased and neutral fashion. Of course the Discovery Administrators and Moderators has always done an exceptional job to be fair to all members in the community, I only ask one favor.....

Please just take a little more time to reflect only on the events that unfolded yesterday, and ask yourself if the actions done yesterday really do justify a permanent ban, or some other form of punishment.

What ever decision by the entire Administration / Moderation team is finally decided, I am sure will be accepted by the entire community and all of the community can learn from this experience and move on to continue to make Discovery better than ever.

I thank you for your time and understanding.
Ok, no matter what, this is still a sanction thread, if not misplaced. So, I suggest that everyone leaves the thread to find other ways to deal with it/gloat/whatever your agenda is.

AC_Mercs often quoted post still applies, if you want to discuss it, I suggest you make a thread, possibly general discussion, and discuss it there, but not here.

Maybe, a lock?
Gezza is right. To stop it from turning into flamefest, I have to lock the thread.