Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Any reason for the 3600 cargo limit on the Xeno ID?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We have frequently used bisons, pirate trains etc. in the past due to how accessible they are to us. Bisons and other Liberty transports are frequently stolen or gifted to us by USI, however Mastodons would not be used for obvious reasons.

Pirate trains we may easily have built for us through Mollys or Corsairs (Yes, this relationship with both is secret). I'm wondering why exactly we've been limited to 3600 cargo ships, considering how accessible ships over this limit are to us.

I would like this limit to be moved to 4300, if there are no issues with it. Until then, guess I'm scrapping a few ships.
Actually there aren't any other IDs than the Gallic Junkers, Maquis, RoS and AI that are limited to 3600 cargo space. In a fit of bias, it also seems I had this changed on the Maquis ID (assuming it was changed by aerelm) when I was going through the ZoIs, can have GJ and Xenos also upped to 3600 without much of a problem.
(11-13-2013, 01:00 AM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]Actually there aren't any other IDs than the Gallic Junkers, Maquis, RoS and AI that are limited to 3600 cargo space. In a fit of bias, it also seems I had this changed on the Maquis ID (assuming it was changed by aerelm) when I was going through the ZoIs, can have GJ and Xenos also upped to 3600 without much of a problem.

I just checked the Xeno ID and had a momentary fit of redneck rage. Heh. I assume you meant upped to 4300? I'll be a happy camper.
Eh yeah... "upped from 3600", to 4300.
(11-13-2013, 01:06 AM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]Eh yeah... "upped from 3600", to 4300.

(bow)
Xenos Bisons? I cry evritiem.

Quote:Actually there aren't any other IDs than the Gallic Junkers, Maquis, RoS and AI that are limited to 3600 cargo space.

And Freelancers/Pirates too, right? Also, are you changing this all server-side or client-side?
Quote:Developed to meet the logistical needs of the Liberty Armed Forces for rapid deployment of critical troops, equipment and infrastructure into hostile environments; the Bison Class was built to accomodate the daunting task of performing space to atmospheric maneuvers without the benefit of Ageira docking amenities.

As the largest, and one of few, craft fully rated for atmospheric operations it was not long before a number of domestic commercial ventures were putting in bids for civilian construction and distribution with aims of circumventing reliance upon Ageira technologies in under-developed regions. While extremely difficult to maintain, the vessel's gargantuan hold ensconced within a reinforced space frame, replete with military grade defenses, has rendered it an attractive purchase for corporate entities seeking to outdo the martial capabilities of the Mastodon class.

I'm gonna be one of those guys and argue that Xenos shouldn't have access to Bisons, for the fact they're top of the line military tech, and the Xenos aren't going to have the resources to maintain them.

But whatever.
(11-13-2013, 02:08 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]I'm gonna be one of those guys and argue that Xenos shouldn't have access to Bisons, for the fact they're top of the line military tech, and the Xenos aren't going to have the resources to maintain them.

But whatever.

Well apparently they have the resources to maintain a Liberty Gunboat, so why not a bison?
(11-13-2013, 02:14 AM)Tankman Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2013, 02:08 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]I'm gonna be one of those guys and argue that Xenos shouldn't have access to Bisons, for the fact they're top of the line military tech, and the Xenos aren't going to have the resources to maintain them.

But whatever.

Well apparently they have the resources to maintain a Liberty Gunboat, so why not a bison?

I don't think barbed wire and duct tape qualify as resources.
They could try Coalition tech. Apparently that can be fixed with as little as a hammer.
Pages: 1 2