Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer Accounts Backup: HOW TO THE OLD SKOOL WAY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well thought out but..."skool"? Come on man.
(11-13-2013, 06:04 PM)Black Widow Wrote: [ -> ]Also because you can very easily switch accounts using reg keys without the need of a program like Launchpad to access them then that makes for fast account switching if you have stuff floating in space that you need xfer between chars.

1. F1 to server list, switch profiles via Launchpad, reconnect to server is faster...
2. Get someone to help you transfer.
(11-13-2013, 06:19 PM)MiniStryke Wrote: [ -> ]Well thought out but..."skool"? Come on man.

Thanks, sorry Tongue
IF YOU EVER have to do a re-install of ANY Windows that maybe running on your system, then you need to make a back-up of YOUR account on Windows i.e the "Users" folder in C:\.... This will include a back-up of your Discovery account and any other save folders from progs that you may have had running before re-install.... SIMPLE
I actually see this useful for backing up the InstallKey (Which I think is required to actually access the accounts as well).
Cheeky Bump as I thought this might come in handy for anyone worried about backing their accounts up and losing them to / getting wiped in DSLauncher, Creating Reg Files for each account is easy to do and you can email them to yourself in case you ever lose your accounts the conventional way. You will always have an old skool back-up.

I have never used FLAM or DSLauncher to store my accounts, they are all saved as Reg Files and stored on a USB.
dslauncher have a backup option which is better and since its required to have it opened there's no point in using the above
also in case you lost your backup you can always contact an admin about it Wink
The player help section has a step by step guide on how to restore lost character and how to prevent the repeating of such moments: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=97064
(12-27-2016, 06:52 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]dslauncher have a backup option which is better and since its required to have it opened there's no point in using the above
also in case you lost your backup you can always contact an admin about it Wink

Hey Hannibal, having DSLauncher open is not really a technical requirement in order to play. I only open up DSLauncher to download updates then I close it and run FL via a seperate link to the EXE with the server ip attached.

During the recent attacks, we were warned via skype and other channels not to close or open our DSLauncher in case accounts get wiped. This avoids that problem by creating click and play account ids (reg files) that can be stored forever and never lost.

(12-27-2016, 06:59 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]The player help section has a step by step guide on how to restore lost character and how to prevent the repeating of such moments: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=97064

This is just a way of creating hard back copies of your accounts, each to their own but I find this method most re-assuring.
(12-27-2016, 07:14 AM)Black Widow Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Hannibal, having DSLauncher open is not really a technical requirement in order to play. I only open up DSLauncher to download updates then I close it and run FL via a seperate link to the EXE with the server ip attached.
i'm not going to go into details as to why you SHOULD have it opend and you will be needed to use it even more in future
(12-27-2016, 07:14 AM)Black Widow Wrote: [ -> ]During the recent attacks, we were warned via skype and other channels not to close or open our DSLauncher in case accounts get wiped. This avoids that problem by creating click and play account ids (reg files) that can be stored forever and never lost.
you were only warned not to close it because the webserver was down and the launcher could not be opened again until was bring up

and with that being said i'd advised all of you to use the method specified by sindroms
/thread closed
Pages: 1 2