Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Constantly getting kicked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello I have this issue. When I log on, things are fine. Ping is never above 50 and I quickly connect, but upon undocking I get kicked every time. When staying in the station buying ammo, I'll buy a couple of things but then the "Purchase" button will disappear and after a while I will lose connection. I can log out and log in when the "purchase" button disappears just fine, but if I wait until I get kicked I get the "I'm sorry, the account is in use" message when i try to reconnect.

When I go to Conneticut, I can undock and see ships around me, sometimes type a "hi", and then I get kicked and have to wait to reconnect. That usually happens 4-5 times in a row, but as soon as I am in a fight everything is fine, it's like there's punched a hole through on the connection, and I won't get kicked for the rest of that session, I can stay online for 5 hours straight with no issues at all. Other players around me told me they get the "player cloaking" green message when I get kicked.

Interaction seems to affect this - as I said when I'm shooting at other players my problems go away, but if I don't I get kicked. Just now I've tried to make the flight from Malta to the Omicron Beta jumphole 4 times in an empty Omicron Alpha, and I get kicked every time mid-flight and have to start over. I tried spamming stuff in local chat to test, and after about 10 seconds my messages stop to appear. I also get kicked each and every time I alt+tab out.

My internet connection is slow (10 down / 1 up, but probable more like 6-7 down / 0.5 up in reality), but I live close to the server and usually have 0% lag and loss and never a ping above 50. I use a cabled connection. I have added exclusions for the Discovery .exe as well as the entire folder in Comodo Firewall as well as Avast Antivirus, and I play online games such as BF3, BF4 and Planetside 2 without any issues at all, it is solely Discovery I am having this problem with.

Can anyone help or give me any clues how to solve this?

Sorry about the wall of text, I just thought it best to be detailed.
OMFG this is really starting to annoy me, I've been spending the past 45 minutes trying to get online but constantly getting kicked after 30 seconds or so.

Any help to solve this would be GREATLY appreciated.
Hello there!
My friend has this issue as well, happened on two different days, and worse on last one, after he bought a Kusari Battleship his account was banned for insisting on relogg.

My advice, try to figure out what's causing the issue coz like i said, after a few kicks your account will be banned, probably.

We still don't know why or what is causing the issue. Already told him to create an exclusion on his AV for Disco File, but he's a bit stubborn.

Best regards!
Thanks. I have no idea what the issue is, I never experienced this before and never with any other game. It's strange because I get those first 10-30 seconds online where everything is normal, and just like that - without any warning or indication, no lag spike or anything of the sort - I just lose connection.

I sort of hope my account will get banned, so I can get admins on the case. The game is completely unplayable.
(11-16-2013, 01:02 PM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I have no idea what the issue is, I never experienced this before and never with any other game. It's strange because I get those first 10-30 seconds online where everything is normal, and just like that - without any warning or indication, no lag spike or anything of the sort - I just lose connection.

I sort of hope my account will get banned, so I can get admins on the case. The game is completely unplayable.

Can you describe this in all details? Do you do anything specific everytime you log in? Buy ammo for instance. Do you have anything new in your cargo hold, that might have started this, new ammo?

A reinstallation of discovery might help, if you haven't already done that. Remember to back-up your accounts.
No I don't do anything specific, I just log on and 30 seconds later I get kicked.

For the moment I can't even log on, I mostly get the "Server Connection has been lost" when I press the 24/7 server, sometimes I get through and can pick one of my ships, then get that message. I also got a "I'm sorry, but the account and password provided cannot be used on this server" (or something along those lines) a single time, and also managed to actually log in on one of my ships after that, only to get kicked when I undocked. Now when I try to log in on the undocked ship (all of my ships are floating around in space currently), I can sometimes log in but then it crashes to desktop before my ship gets on screen.

I'm really confused and frustrated about this, because every single other game I play never gave me any issue whatsoever, and that includes online games. At the moment I'm quite keen on playing Discovery, but of course it wont stay that way if I have to spend an hour just to actually log in to the game.
Yea i seem to be having logging in problems to, I load up the game and go into multiplayer-Internet, then pick the server and try to log in and i keep getting "The requested operation is taking longer than expected" then it times out and crashes, Sometimes i get into the server and load up a ship and get the same result as i just mentioned, then there is also the odd time i actually get in game and i just get booted so i know how ya feel Smile

EDIT: Seems to have come right for now......Hopefully yours is better now Smile
Yeah now it says the account is bannedSmile Wonderful.

I made a fresh account, and I'm back to the original problem: I can log on, things are fine, ping 40, no connection issues; then after 10-20 seconds i get the red flashing computer symbol and then a disconnect 10 seconds or so later. The yellow flashing symbol never shows, it goes straight from nothing to red.
I thought it might had to do with some hickup in my internet connection. I ran pingtest.net from my place to a server in Frankfurt, and here's the numbers:

Packet loss: 0%
Ping: 44 ms
Jitter: 3 ms
Grade: A

Then I ran speedtest.net to Frankfurt as well:

Ping: 46 ms
Download speed: 8.81 Mbps
Upload speed: 0.81 Mbps

Crappy connection, no doubt, but it's good enough for any other games I've played online.

I get that first little while where I can undock, dock with tradelanes/gates, shoot at other players and do damage instantly - without any lag delay - and then I get cut off completely.

I made ships on other servers, same thing happens.

What could be the cause?
If other servers have the same issue, the problem is probably on your side. You already said you added the folder/client program to you custom firewall and antivirus. Is your Windows built-in firewall on? Please check that, too, even if it is not enabled. Also worth looking at the router firewall and port settings if you use one.
Pages: 1 2