Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirate Freighters for actual piracy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is not a craft suitable for a pirate between a Kushan Freighter / Bactrian and the Pirate Transport. Gunboats and VHF's excluded. I've had to fly an on-the-edge-of-role-play Armored Transport, because there is nothing else manufactured that would suit the needs of a true pirate, one that actually makes a living of stealing cargo, has to be able to defend himself as well as stop traders. I miss a disruptor but occasionally some fighter can help me along, but it's hard to teach them how as the today's pirates don't have a bare idea about how cargo piracy - the real piracy - actually works.

So some additional pirate freighters would be very appreciated. No doubt pirates would build them.

Just out of the overall curiosity ... why does plain Train have a CD? I never figured out why it's different from the other Train types.
while Kushan and Bactrian are good for pirating smaller vessels, Pirate transport could use a boost. Not too much, but enough to show the opponent that you mean business

Actually, the Pirate Transport is perfect for cargo piracy. I used it for quite some time and, trust me, it works very well.
Seven forward-firing transport turrets will make sure your witty victim drops the freight.
The Pirate Transport is great as it is...

But there are no affordable ships between Bactrian and PT, that's the real issue...
It just doesnt work well within game mechanics.
' Wrote:It just doesnt work well within game mechanics.

Whatever you meant, it's not neccessary for it to stay that way.
Well i noticed than when you destroy a transport you don't get all cargo just a small amount...
That's not wrong at all, quite a lot of the cargo gets destroyed during the looting process / ship explosion and can not be salvaged.

On the other hand, I'd certainly like if the loot yield was increased. Perhaps... doubled.
Man - the only ship I pirate in is a TRF and I used to do it without a CD. That was back in the days when Junkers were restricted to fighters & freighters.

The TRF is a chunky ship & unless your mark has the uber 900 regen transport shield expect to win. If they do, then wait for the next victim.
95 % of them does have that shield, buddy. And all piracy is pointless *whines*.

So, er, enough whining and join the masses or pirate gunboats with the '2 mill or dai'attitude?

Or is there actually anyone else that would appeciate more kinds of pirate-usable craft?
Pages: 1 2