Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Weapons Compatability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question folks. I rolled a, now, third character to try out the Gallic side of things. With two seperate non-military/corporation restarts, I have an issue. When I switch to either GaCivilian, or FreelancerGa, I get a standard loadout of weapons. If I leave, I have no issue, but I switch to any other civilian weapons int he weapon slots, I get a "Power reduced to 90% to compensate". Even got weirder when I started with 2 Grade 8 Pot-De-Fer, then switched out my Grade 7 Weapons for 2 Grade 7 Pot-De-Fer's....and get the same message!

Am I doing something wrong here or am I just crazy?! Thanks in advance. Smile
Did you check the compatibility chart?
here is a link: http://discoverygc.com/wiki/techcompat_table.php

I hope this will be the answer you are looking for!
Well that gives me the information I'm looking for. It seems that the GaCivilian which is what I changed to gets the Freelancer ID tag, which only affords 90% comp with Gallic Civilian Weaponry and ships. Only Civ Generic weapons have 100% with the tag. Kinda silly when I'm a GaCiv but the GaCiv weapons get a hit in comp. Hrm.
See if its worth the -10%. I know i have a ship or two in a faction that that faction allows for other guns that reduce to 10% or other ships etc..

In any case there is no significant difference and im fine with it.