Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer IFF | i r undercover u no can shoot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The moment you see a ''freelancer'' getting shot by your NPCs or allied ones, feel free to waste them.
(11-19-2013, 01:33 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]The moment you see a ''freelancer'' getting shot by your NPCs or allied ones, feel free to waste them.
That's how you know its a roleplay server
Ultimate troll: raid Rheinland with a BAF IFF, LN ID Templar.

Diplomatic tension anyone?
Orrrrr....bring a bunch of hatchets into NY?
Add IDs to RP?

There's been a few threads on this topic lately. Unfortunately it doesnt look like its going to change anytime soon. I simply reccomend taking advantage of this rule yourself in the same way others might against you.

So in a situation like this, if you frequent Liberty often, you could always dawn a LN IFF yourself, regardless of ID (allowable). That way he would have been powerless to do anything to you.

I was in favor of making ID's and IFF's match, or hiding ID's, or making them revealable upon command like /card but every possible solution just causes other problems.

Think of it this way: you can customize your character. How would you like to be a Freelancer with the rules of engagement of the LN or BAF? or in some people's cases Freelancer with ROE's of a pirate or BHG, outcast or IMG. You can arrange it to your liking, within reason.

If a Freelancer IFF/LN ID guy comes at you, the ID is there for the sole purpose of knowing that he CAN do what he's doing (making demand). The RP should be influenced by his ID though so if he doesnt hes kinda being cheap thats for sure. If he doesnt, like i said, it risks running a double edged sword and being metagaming to do what makes sense at that point (which would be listening to him cuz you know its on your ID).

Personally, when I realized this I made a Freelancer IFF/Privateer ID'd ship. I am treated as a freelancer until I see a ship I want to hault. At that time, thats when i say 'I have a letter of marque from the bretonian crown to privateer this space'. If i dont, even though its on my ID to attack anyways, I'm really not rp'ing properly. In my case, I did get a Letter of Marque from the QCP│, and they can check later if they like.

I'm now playing devils advocate because I was arguing against this for weeks. But A pirate ID means a ship CAN pirate, but unless you find his ship/charname in a database of criminals, you havnt seen him pirate, so you don't know his history/past. A freelancer IFF ship who pirates is just a dirty old swashbuckling pirate. But its his actions ingame that determine that, not just his ID. So if a guy stops you on the trade land, with a freelancer IFF and Pirate ID, you can of course treat him as a pirate from that moment on regardless of IFF.
They should stop this from happening, if you're part of a faction, you should have to use that IFF.

The only people that should be allowed to use Freelancer IFF, are indie pirates, freelancers and miners.
I was flying Freelancer IFF'd Raven's Talon with LSF ID Pmuch successful in past. No idea what all the fuzz is about.
I'm going to make my Rogue have a Freelancer IFF.
Inb4 FL IFF gets banned
(11-19-2013, 07:03 AM)Thargoid Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to make my Rogue have a Freelancer IFF.

If you will be flying Rogue ship, then how's that different? Any lawfuls can identify you as Rogue and still shoot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4