Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The RM-2CVL "Misericorde" Outcast Light Strike Carrier.

The phrase "necessity is the mother of invention" holds pure for this vessel. Born from the wrecked and scrapped hull of a war ravaged RM-2A "Storta", the Misericorde was the brainchild of Claes Leslie -leader of the Maltese 75th Mosquitoes.

With the need for a vessel which could be used as a permanent mobile headquarters, Claes knew it needed to be; Small enough to avoid detection, large enough to carry, supply and repair the squadrons CX "Scimitar" fighter craft, strong enough to withstand sustained attack if push came to shove, but most of all cheap enough to be maintained by her rapidly dwindling resources.

No vessel in the Maltese navy arsenal could fill all of these criteria. So work began on concepts for a new vessel, a new addition to the fleet which could provide all that was needed. Using the burnt out wrecked hull of the then "La Falange D'Oro" -A RM-2A Storta class vessel. Claes and her most trusted pilots surveyed the ship and its interior buying the wreck from the Ghosts of Razgriz soon after.

Immense technological and logistical support was required to transform the blackened shell she had obtained back into a functioning ship, regardless of the tight criteria she had to meet and the even tighter budget in which to meet it.

Help was sought from the Junker congress whom responded immediately by not only cable towing the hull across Maltese space but providing the intense logistical support required to revive the La Falange D'Oro as well. Understanding the ins and outs of ships better than anyone else in sirius the Junkers were the best people for the job, working day and night on Cartagena shipyard they proved their efficiency by finishing the work in just 6 months.

On the 2nd Feburary 820 the purpose built RM-2CVL was born, the first of its kind. It was christened "Fenice D'oro" the -Golden Phoenix-, having risen again from the ashes of its old existence. This new vessel still closely resembling the Storta hull shape had a distinct custom built carrier and service bay attached to its underside, Cartagena crew began to labell the ship "The Pregnant Storta".

The Fenice D'oro was specifically designed to hold all of the squadrons scimitar craft in its interior bay, making docking any other craft for long terms almost impossible. Since then however vessel had shown that it was indeed a worthwhile investment and a versatile addition to the fleet in its own right, its designs have since become common place, being reintegrated back into the fleet and granted the hull name "Misericorde" like the ancient and now ceremonial dagger for its ability to get under even the most defended enemy positon with its payload and deliver a strike of mercy, putting the enemy out of its misery.

Stats
Hull: 420,000
B/B: 1000
Turn: 13
Arm: 13 cruiser turrets, 5 heavy, 8 light (see HD plan image)
Power: 3,600,000
Cargo: 1000 units
Bay: 4
Type 1: 1
Price: Unique ship C
Love it. ADD.
I like it even more than I like the Storta...and I like the Storta a lot.

Edit: Only potential problem I see is the practicality of having an open to space hangar deck. Maybe add some doors to the ends/top so it looks like it can close. Also, the posibility of having it as a unique ship is going to slow it down from integration into the mod. Probably more realistic to have a line in the infocard mentioning the First of its class was the 75th flagship. just a thought
Hell, it's awesome.
This isn't Star Wars: we don't have open hangar bays. Also, I'm not sure why you'd have a hangar door right underneath the engines... seems dangerous and superfluous.
(11-19-2013, 10:05 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't Star Wars: we don't have open hangar bays.
Aquilon?

(11-19-2013, 10:05 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I'm not sure why you'd have a hangar door right underneath the engines... seems dangerous and superfluous.
Engines are not always turned on.

But yeah, closed hangar doors would definitely make it easier to implement (all those fighters visible inside the hangar are a lot of additional poly burden). Overall I totally love the model.
I like it
(11-19-2013, 10:05 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't Star Wars: we don't have open hangar bays. Also, I'm not sure why you'd have a hangar door right underneath the engines... seems dangerous and superfluous.

Zoner Zoner has open hangar bays ?
Oh, I like th concept, and the way it was rendered.
Though internal texturing job might be a bit better.
(11-19-2013, 10:05 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't Star Wars: we don't have open hangar bays. Also, I'm not sure why you'd have a hangar door right underneath the engines... seems dangerous and superfluous.

and.... so what? maybe you didnt see the zoner carrier with its huge gaping mouth at the front of the ship, clearly its not a problem to have a hole in the ship large enough to fit destroyer into in one of the most likely places it will be shot from. dont see anyone commenting on that.

Also, the ship and indeed all ships in freelancer have shields, so its not an open door so much as it looks. I had intended to add doors that were open anyway, (as switchback said) but ran out of time before bed last night.

ALSO who said the door at the back is a hangar door? couldnt possibly be the cargo hold.

(11-19-2013, 05:11 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I like th concept, and the way it was rendered.
Though internal texturing job might be a bit better.

the ship isnt finished, inside really i didnt even texture it, i just stuck a white metall material inside it and tiled it to the max, simply because i ran out of time before bed last night when i set the batch render going.

the fighters inside are just for render scale purposes i wouldnt keep them in if it went ingame

and finally the fighters in the video are half the size they are ingame, because caps in freelancer are always half the size they should really be, since i didnt want to mess up the storta model i found it easier to just half the dagger model.

interestingly the ship (to scale i.e. the size it is in the video) is 347m long, which is pretty incredible, just imagine how big a marduk is Big Grin Big Grin HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7