Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Would this break rules on Discovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chat from log

[20.11.2013 14:28:43] Wilde.trial by forum.: "This is the MND, you are in violation of Rheinland Law and will halt!"

Wilde.trial by forum. and trial by forum are part of the overall subject.

In omega-11, I had hired a miner to fill me up with them rich uncut diamonds. Yet, to my surprise. 2 Wild pilots, with both Wild id's and rheinland ships, came out of no where. and what i have yet to understand is what he meant i was in violation of Rheinland law.

Told me to halt, and said
[20.11.2013 14:29:33] Wilde.trial by forum.: "You have been found guilty and will be executed."
[20.11.2013 14:29:39] Wilde.trial by forum.: "Any last words?"
[20.11.2013 14:29:49] trial by forum: As you ordered. Weapons loading.
[20.11.2013 14:29:56] trial by forum: Fire!"

So, i know the wild can attack anyone, anywhere. YET, he referred to Rheinland law. In Omega-11. It may be occupied by Rheinland but is not Rheinland space(but of course there is laws).
Aswell, it was the wild. So referring to anything rheinland makes no since.

Would that be a break of OORP? and if so, do i report them in the violation threat or in the overall Rules section.

Please note i am liberty.
It sure doesn't sound like a violation of anything to me. The Wilde often masquerade as members of the Rheinland Military inRP, so it would also make sense for him to mask his actions under the guise of enforcing Rheinland law. Additionally, if Omega 11 is occupied by Rheinland, you can expect Rheinland authorities to attempt to enforce the laws of their House, in that space.

The entire incident described above sounds like a legitimate Roleplay encounter, though I can understand the frustration that might come with not having any idea why that event went the way that it did.
I think you lack a key understanding of how factions such as the Wilde and Iseijin work. The entire idea behind such factions is that they masquerade as the military and special forces elements of their corresponding house to cause chaos and discord. What was done there was perfectly acceptable Wilde RP of undermining the house while attempting to conceal his true nature.

Unless the target is mounting nomad equipment, it's generally considered poor taste to magically know somebody has a squid inside of them.
Alright thank you guys for clearing that up.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't wild iff clearly states that it's bearer is not a human anymore?

Edited: but even in that case, there's nothing bad in OP's post RP. Even Corsair can try to enforce Rheinland law.
Doesn't it say something along the lines of "Unknown", now? That should make anyone suspicious, but doesn't tell anyone they're Wild(e). They can roleplay whatever the hell they want.

Edit: Their reasoning for claiming you were breaking laws rather than outright attacking you could be that they want to create tension between your character('s faction) and Rheinland. As in, in theory you could now send an angry communication to Rheinland complaining about their laws and enforcement.