Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Remember when cccp got spanked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So bad for allying with corsairs :3

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=107540

oh dear. that double standard right there.
Yeah, but they were russians.
The difference might be that there is rp now.
To keep it realistic, there would have to be more, over a longer period of time to make it convincing.

In general, however, the GRN could really use some allies.

But I agree: Funny, somewhatWink
Its good to see that GRN can finally get some allies in RP. But somehow this is looking awkward because in lore it was stated a terrific number of GRN fleets, ships and resources sent to Sirius (which in some cases is more than any other Houses main fleets combined) and yet...they fall so far to need the assistance of ...pirates. Perhaps would be far more better each member of Disco to buy 1 gallic ship and log in for massive raids to represent GRN might.

Kusari had similar terms with the corsairs during .85, they were helping the Emperor so it should not be a problem if they now obey their future King Wink

*calling RHA, SCRA, M* Wink
(11-20-2013, 11:05 PM)FallenKnight Wrote: [ -> ]in lore it was stated a terrific number of GRN fleets, ships and resources sent to Sirius (which in some cases is more than any other Houses main fleets combined)

This lore point, in particular, is one of the more "malleable" ones, given that everyone and their dog has a different opinion on exactly how big and scary Gallia's fleet should be iRP. Apparently our Valors are behind Liberty Dreads in technological terms too, according to a few sources.

Besides, leaving all the fluff and stuff aside, anyone who was poking their head into Magellan earlier saw that there's still a teeny tiny imbalance when the "Gallia versus the world" train gets up to full steam.
You're only noticing the double standards now?
As I remember, they actually got slapped for:

- Being out of their ZoI (the GRN ID was limited to the Taus and Gallic systems at the time - They were raiding alpha).

- Having a name/tag which was all about player nationality (CCCP = USSR).

- Allying with a faction they never should have met at all. (At the time the Corsair ID couldn't go to the Taus, GRN couldn't go further into sirius than the Taus, they should not have come into any contact.)

Oh yeah, and the slew of no-rp engagement sanctions, re-engaging sanctions, F1 sanctions... But I guess all that stuff is easy to forget, considering they only bothered making a poop-storm about and objecting to the alliance bit.

If you remember, an ENTIRE FACTION had their ships outright deleted before that, for having a nationality-based tag. The penalty the CCCP got was pretty lenient for that bit of disco's history, really
"- Being out of their ZoI (the GRN ID was limited to the Taus and gallic systems at the time - They were raiding alpha). "

Actually the admin team had declared that all Gallic ID's could go to Alpha as well at the time.
Obviously i can't really comment on the CCCP thing - but i can on what is going on right now:
InRP, ther ehave been meetings and run ins between the gauls and the sairs since the last mod - by the lore, by ingame encounters and some forum stuff -the latter never lifted off as intended due to people disappearing. Now we hurry up to get "up to date" so to say.
The logic, at least to me is simple: The Sairs and the Gallics want to see Bretonia go down - now with the sairs always extending their greedy little fingers towards cambridge they had the option of a, facing the ubermighty armada that is deemed to win anyways from their pov - or to cut a deal.
Now they can start to profit from exchange of military information while losing really nothing. They had no friends before Gallia, so if the plan doesn't work out, they will go back to just that.
If it works out they can enjoy the spoils of war while possibly being on the good side of the mightiest entity in Sirius, simple as that. The people the Corsairs are not hostile to ( Kusari&co, Gaians, certain Rheinlanders) are already on the good side with gallia so there is little to no risk of a political hickup either...
So on the grand scheme of things (and including that we get nudged to fulfill our "lore" ) - it went down quite naturally Wink
(11-20-2013, 11:30 PM)Jihadjoe Wrote: [ -> ]At the time the Corsair ID couldn't go to the Taus

They could go where ever they wanted. There were no rules against discovering the Sirius sector. There were repercussions for engaging in piracy or assault though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6