Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Pannonians
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
And people mocked my Independent Pirates Guild some 4 years ago! Even more so than they mock the P!
Yeah. I am actually a hungarian too. I'm not part of the Pannonians faction but I've met one of them recently.
It seems like when we hungarians start something wannabe-serious in the internet it ends up being a mockery every time. *laughs
I feel sorry for them guys.

Why Council? I have no idea. We have no ties to the frenchies in any way I can remember in history. Maybe only our 19th century revolutions were approx in the same era but nothing else.
(11-21-2013, 07:04 PM)Kosa Wrote: [ -> ]Why Council? I have no idea.

We got caps. You know, Perilous, Obstinate, Redemption, player magnets.

And it's not about being Hungarian, believe me, it's about going all nationalistic in an international community, that is what can lead to a crapload of problems. But hey, didn't Joe have a nice post about this in an other thread somewhere near?
(11-21-2013, 07:04 PM)Kosa Wrote: [ -> ]Why Council? I have no idea. We have no ties to the frenchies in any way I can remember in history. Maybe only our 19th century revolutions were approx in the same era but nothing else.

Except for the hungarian kings which were of french dinasty ( d'Anjou )

But like Thyrzul said, it's not about being hungarian or any other nationality here, it's more about ideas and hints that are thrown somewhere when one wouldn't really expect them to see. ( Hungarian faction under Council flags and ships ) and nationalism ye...
First of all, I was a bretonian-all-the-way type of guy when I started to play here again, and after some friendly conversations, I started to like the council.

Most of the group was just like me. We liked the Bretonians, but hated the GRN.

As I heard, the idea of being Council was behind the fact that we hated the gaulls.
Our leader wanted to make a faction with wide arsenal, allies in Bretonia, and being able to fight the GRN - Council was perfect.

About my position in the faction ... Just the Armory guy, who loves the stellion soooo much.

And ... Our name is Pannon Armeé Noire, not Pannonians.. It's a nickname imo.

And nothing nationalism. We are just a group of friends, who likes to play freelancer together. We are also in process to make a new group, but I can't say anything now.
(11-21-2013, 07:14 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2013, 07:04 PM)Kosa Wrote: [ -> ]Why Council? I have no idea.

We got caps. You know, Perilous, Obstinate, Redemption, player magnets.

And it's not about being Hungarian, believe me, it's about going all nationalistic in an international community, that is what can lead to a crapload of problems. But hey, didn't Joe have a nice post about this in an other thread somewhere near?

Thyr'noob this is the post you are looking for.....(i cleaned up the fluff and bolded the important part)

(11-20-2013, 11:30 PM)Jihadjoe Wrote: [ -> ] - Having a name/tag which was all about player nationality (CCCP = USSR).

If you remember, an ENTIRE FACTION had their ships outright deleted before that, for having a nationality-based tag. The penalty the CCCP got was pretty lenient for that bit of disco's history, really
(11-21-2013, 08:06 PM)~}P{~ Legendary Wrote: [ -> ]And nothing nationalism. We are just a group of friends, who likes to play freelancer together.

A group of friends, who like to play freelancer together can happen without the need of importing their own nation into the story. That the Armée Noire, or Black Army (a reference to the core of the mercenary army of King Matthias), wants to roleplay as Hungarians makes the whole attempt a bit suspicious of borderline nationalism, but then it is just that, mere suspicion. If that's not the case, sorry then, and I am eagerly waiting for what it will turn out to be in the end.

@Ed-
The House of Anjou hasn't been as significant with it's succession of the House of Árpád as other houses, like the Habsburgs.

Names are names, not tags. They are fine as they are, there is nothing against naming ships like how they did.
Pannonian Black Army.

Council IFF/ID Wink
inRP: Council
I think there we cannot talk about Nationalism, or something else.
They want something different to do, im waiting, becasue i want to see more Council in Space
Well, after reading this thread again... what is the problem with this group?
I dont see nationalism or anything else in that group what could harm server rules.
Btw, there are some factions, avatars, etc. what shows more insulting ideas than naming their ships from the hungarian history.
Nothing wrong about the faction. Just couldn't fit Hungary into French story. But ED- is really right on the Anjou.
By the way... Pannon Armeé Noire? Like the Black Army of King Matthias?
Pages: 1 2 3