Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How does FL Companion work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got it and I am sort of understanding the basics but... everything seems so small in profit... do I have to update it and stuff? I think so right?

There are options in the top to "import from running game"
Do i do that first thing?

Ty in advance for the help!
here's what you want to do.
Because it is probably still set to standard FL speeds..
and cargo size 1.

Settings -> speed and delays
Set these values (for most transports/traders)

average cruise speed: 340
average speed in trade lanes: 1900
jump gate delay: 25
jump hole delay: 15
trade lane and docking delay: 15
base reaching and docking delay: 30

then go to
settings -> limitations
cargo volume: your max, usable cargo (this would be whatever you can actually load in your hold, after factoring in turrets/other things eating up space.
In my case I've recently flown a 3500 cargo units transport.
but I can only carry 3450-ish cargo.
Enter that and set whatever limitations you might want.
It should now correctly show you profit per time.

Hope that helps
Is it already updated with our server or do i have to sync it?
(11-21-2013, 04:49 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Is it already updated with our server or do i have to sync it?

have you set it to read from the same folder where you installed the disco mod?

It's under settings too.
"Set freelancer directory".
Mind you it needs to be set to whatever version/folder of freelancer you're playing at the time.

i.e. /program files/discovery

If yes, then it should have all you need.
Alright if that's it then thanks a ton!
that's about it, but it dont show ores prices, some people have said it does but i haven't seen any, perhaps someone can say otherwise
It'll show you mining locations within a system.
But I don't think it's programmed for anything but base-to-base when it comes to pricing and such.
(11-21-2013, 09:48 AM)evanz Wrote: [ -> ]that's about it, but it dont show ores prices, some people have said it does but i haven't seen any, perhaps someone can say otherwise

It used to work in 4.86, but not in the new version, I don't think the program's original developer is updating the program anymore either, so I think we're stuck, unless the Disco devs fix something thier end.

If any players have it working, please post the version of FL Companion you're using.
(11-21-2013, 02:37 PM)Dratai Wrote: [ -> ]It'll show you mining locations within a system.
But I don't think it's programmed for anything but base-to-base when it comes to pricing and such.

It's programmed to read dynamic prices from a running freelancer.exe, it used to work, as did importing cargo hold size, but importing doesn't work anymore.

I would have said it might have something to do with not running the program as admin, because that would disallow access to another programs memory addresses, but I have XP (everythin runs as admin) on my laptop and it doesn't work there either.
(11-21-2013, 02:42 PM)Thargoid Wrote: [ -> ]It's programmed to read dynamic prices from a running freelancer.exe, it used to work, as did importing cargo hold size, but importing doesn't work anymore.

The "Load Dynamic Economy" functionality works in version 2.01 of FL Companion.
In the latest version (2.02) it does not.
Personally, I have both versions installed.
Pages: 1 2