Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Possible solutions to your constant disconnects[My dcing is SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Possible solution #1:
1. Download the Discovery mod "discovery_4.87.0.exe"
2. Download and install 7-Zip
3. Right click "discovery_4.87.0.exe"->7-Zip->Extract to "discovery_4.87.0.exe/"
4. Look for the folder containing "DATA", "DLLS", "EXE" and "IONCROSS" folders and copy-paste them into the "Freelancer" folder, overwriting when asked
5. Run the "Freelancer.exe" and when prompted for update, select "Yes"
6. Make a shortcut to "Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe" and run
-Thanks rhodesia for this instructions!

Possible solution #2:
Don't use 2 PC's that have the same public IP(external IP) as the anti-cheating system will kick you for that. This is a problem if you and someone else from your family want to play together.
-I hope that the admins will solve this problem sooner or later
-Thanks goes to Admin Jansen for the solution
Hi there.

I believe this thread might help you : http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=107028
The gist of it is that your antivirus might have analyzed one of the Discovery files as a Trojan, and prevents you from accessing any online server. I had this problem myself, and the easiest way to deal with it is, if your antivirus allows it, to retrieve this file and grant it clearance from your live scans. If it has already been deleted, you might have to reinstall Discovery, but it will keep your personal files and saved characters.

I hope it helps.
Hey mate. I had the same problem. Did you install using the exe? If so, it is a little bugged and sometimes the server will keep kicking you for hacks because of the files being placed in an odd fashion. The workaround is to manually install directly into your actual FL folder (this won't let you play vanilla FL but hey, why would you when disco is available). See below for my screen guide:

Here is 7-zip http://www.7-zip.org/ Choose 32 or 64 bit depending...