Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Featured polls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you probably know, on Discovery GC main page one of the board's polls is displayed. This "featured poll" can be changed within the admin panel, but problem is - to what?

In this thread, I will collect suggestions as for which newly started polls deserve this "official" status. Apparently, such polls draw much more votes than ordinary ones, and usually last longer.

Conditions to become featured:
- Poll should be sensible, preferably FL-related;
- Poll should have reasonable set of options that cover all possibilities;
- Poll thread should contain an intro post that explains reasons behind its creation, describes options, suggests issues that might be discussed, etc.;
- Poll name, question and options should have correct spelling and grammar.

Suggestions welcome!
its an important feature, cause its accessable from anywhere without browsing the threads. - whatever is displayed there should be important enough to affect every player - or at least the vast majority of the playerbase. - furthermore, the poll should be reviewed by each end of a week - and either kept up or exchanged with another - more actual one.

the recent display wasn t bad, but polls were displayed too long. - for example, the "who is the traitor" poll was funny - however, as it does not really affect anything in the game, i think 1 week would have been long enough and it might have been replaced with a collection poll about the new admins.

so - i don t think its too important what we display there, as long as its a topic that is relevant for most of the players ( in case there is a poll anyway ) . more important is to moderate that part - to look into the poll and its "attractiveness" for players after a set time ( 1 week ) - if the thread dies, there is no need to keep the poll up. - if its still updated and viewed by players, - it can stay. - if there is another poll, one might weigh them against one another and choose the one that is more relevant at that time.

but since there is a re-evaluation each week, its made sure that the displayed poll is not too "old". - other than that... its just a fun feature, really. nothing to fuss about. ( in terms of topics ) - i can imagine seeing a "fun" poll there sometimes, too. - brighten up the mood on the boards can be as important as a relevant topic. - thats why i think that the section "flood" is highly important for people to simply loose the tension and calm down a little. - without flood, we d have more frustrated people and more players that would dislike each other as players, not as enemy characters.
At the moment I belive that a poll about this might be useful.
(reads the poll) No, thanks, it's impossible to do. Not much use in featuring it.

Yes, "fun" polls can be there as well, and I see nothing that prevents Flood polls from appearing there. Not more often than normal ones, of course.
Hmmm, ok.

*Goes to think of a Poll to start*
polls related to mod development:

-Should we ditch the SP campaign?
-Should Vanilla ships components be merged?
-Which event should be emphasized into the next mod?(RM-liberty tensions, mollies independence, KGL-Carrina, etc)
-Do you like pies?