Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 4.76 in development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The new version of Discovery mod will mostly be about fixing bugs and enhancing balance, not about brand new features. This topic is for you to post your suggestions and ideas... and of course any bugs that you've noticed while playing. I'm not getting new bug reports for quite a while now. There shouldn't be too many bugs but I guess some yet remain unknown to me, apart from those that I know about and cannot fix (like Crete mooring fixture).

List of 4.76 changes (provisional):

- Fixed levels for battleship turrets, shields and other equipment
- Improved performance for codename weapons
- Energy-consuming capital ships weapons
- Energy capacity for capital ships improved
- Weapon balance improved for some ships: forward guns and flak cannons power reduced
- Fixed docking bugs that occured with some stations
- Corrected infocards
- Yanagi Depot trade route made less lucrative
- New commodities (??)

Needed your suggestions about codename weapons, super-weapons from Discovery and... whatever you can suggest to improve the mod.
Could it be possible to make the battleships 'heavier'? The main problem with those ships now is that they get bounced around by asteroids and little ships way to easily. Because of their size, they are constantly getting into trouble in asteroid feilds, which are hard enough to navigate with the static asteroids without having to worry about getting blown compleatly off course by the little tiny minable asteroids. The fighters are a problem too. One time I was rammed by a Xeno Startracker. Insted of bouncing away or blowing up, I was bounced around like some sort of light-fighter after hitting a station, and the fighter continued on it's merry, unhindered way to keep trying to blow me up!

Other than the weight problem (And already mentioned fixes), things are good in the Discovery universe.
Yes I know about weight problem. Tried to solve it several times but each time unsuccessful. There is one more way that I may try.

One more fix to mention - Liberty dreadnought will have cannons at the bottom of the hull, players reported that it cannot hit targets underneath itself.

By the way - there will be new commodities. And lootable pilots too - they are like commodities but you won't be able to buy them anywhere, only sell. Good rewards for players who prefer fighting over trade :)
Quote:By the way - there will be new commodities. And lootable pilots too - they are like commodities but you won't be able to buy them anywhere, only sell. Good rewards for players who prefer fighting over trade :)
[snapback]1482[/snapback]

no suggestions over here :), think you've hit the nail on the head :cool:

lootable pilots? :S does this mean we'll be tractoring in pilots of the ships we blow up now? how would we go about aqquiring one in the field?

one other question, battleship power drain. excellent idea to introduce as it prevents intership breeding with other weapons, but how will the power values be defined?

**EDIT:

playing freelancer on the server at the minute, and was wondering if you could perhaps devise a way to trade with your own characters? i've made a new character but have not found a way to transfer money over without using a friend or another player to help me out lol. anyone cracked this? or do you have to have the middle man? :unsure:
Quote:lootable pilots? :S does this mean we'll be tractoring in pilots of the ships we blow up now? how would we go about aqquiring one in the field?
Yes.

Quote:one other question, battleship power drain. excellent idea to introduce as it prevents intership breeding with other weapons, but how will the power values be defined?
So that having one capital ship weapon on a fighter will drain all energy of a Titan class ship after 1-2 shots.

Quote:devise a way to trade with your own characters?
No, I'm afraid that's hardcoded, impossible to modify.
lol rgr :)
U making new trades, have u been thinking of making a new ship or wepons? But let everyone give there thoght about it?? I think a cool ship is the StarCraft BattleCruiser. But that just me, I am currently building a mod where u can use it.

GDL_Hitman_xXx
I've been looking for a way to trade between two chars without a third one (or two computers). I think it's possible to launch two sessions of freelancer in a single computer.

I've tried, but the game looks for itself into memory, and terminate itself if found.
Duplicating the instalation didn't work.

I'm trying to find a way to fool the process, by hidding the instance. So it will not see "himself" (or a copy of himself) in the memory. It might work, but i haven't made any progress yet.
Fire-Fly, one way to transfer money is to do a trade run such as diamonds, and stop outside New Tokyo with a full load. Have the charactor you want to transfer the money to at the same spot. Drop the cargo from the full one, switch charactors and tractor it in and sell it. As long as you dont log off completely you can drop 4000 units of cargo and then stay on the recieving charactor tractoring and docking and it will remain there untill youve sucked it all up. It works good for starting new charactors because the Drone is there at NT to speed up the process. Of course if youve got a fighter and want to keep it that way that will slow the process down considerably.

Keep in mind that the tractor beam on the Large Train does not work, and this may apply to other mod ships as well as I have not used them all. Be sure the beam works before you dump a load of goods.
Thanks Igiss. Good to know that at something has already been tried and continuing to be tried.

About the Starcarft Battlecruiser... That thing is just a bit to bit to fit through a tradelane, I think. Plus if you base it entirely on just the game, you have one primary cannon, and a super cannon (Torpido launcher, we'll call it). That type of ship wouldn't be able to hit anything worth a damn. Now, if it had, say, 20 turrets, you might be getting somewhere. And the Yamato Cannon would only work against stations or other battleships.
Basicly, it's an OK idea, but I don't think it makes much sence. Sorry, you didn't get my vote. Besides, Igiss isn't making any major changes for a while, as was said so in an earlier thread.

Evolutions has tractoring in pilots. Makes sence actually, you blow up a ship, this pilot ejects, and you pick him/her up and drop him off for a reward. Gives the fighters something to do besides taking missions from bases.
Pages: 1 2 3